PDA

View Full Version : The Tecate Project needs help and a buyer

Meat-BoX
06-23-2004, 04:27 AM
Well im down to the final stages. I have a few questions though. My Maier Front Fender hits the stock exhaust pipe. I will be getting a DG National pipe as soon as this machine is finished. I'm just wondering if the fender will hit the exhaust and if so how do you cut a brand new fender without ruining it? Allso I bought a nice lookng Tecate Tank on E-bay but when we got the machine together and put gas in the tank it started to bubble all over when it got warm. I would like to paint this tank or have it done professionally. Does anyone have a fool proof tank painting plan seeing how this is a totally restored Tecate. I have done everything to this trike and put in tons of cash and time and an ugly tank just makes the Tecate not live up to my High expations. There was a killer tank on E-bay a while back but the auction ended early. I was prepared to offer up to $200.00 for a nice original tank. Please help a brother out. It would be a shame to 100% restore and customize a Tecate but have a bad tank. Allso does anyone have an answer on how to mount my rear shock bottle correctly,those parts are no longer available.

Allso does anyone want to buy this Tecate? I just wanted a quick project that turned into 8 years and about $3,500 bucks. I have a few CD's on the restoration and customazation and I swear everything has been rebuilt or is new. I would like someone to buy it that rides dunes, but if you dont mind rippin up some rougher trails thats your prorogative. Its just too pretty and I put so much work into it I wont ride it anywhere but on nice cut grass. I'm hoping to get $2,500 for this beautifull ride. Cmon people I saved this piece of crap from the bone yard, now its better than stock with all the work done to it. Someone save this beautifull trike and buy it from me trailprotrailpro I cant take it and ride the trails here. I wouldnt want to ruin the Powdercoat. If any1 is interested e-mail me at hempwrks@hotmail.com
I can then list all that was bought, rebuilt, and customized. There is just too many things to list. Thank you

Updated restoration page coming in a few weeks. Motor is getting the lower end done, powdercoat and polish right side Tecate Case, painting the rest of the motor Black to compliment the Califorina Grape Powdercoated and polished cases. Allso installing a PRM grabbar and a DG national Pipe and silencer, and taking off the front tire and putting a Kenda in place.

200x Basket
06-23-2004, 06:11 PM
that is a nice ride but as usual it is a poor investment. if you get 1/3 of your investment back you would be doing good. i would just keep it and enjoy it. do you have your DG pipe yet? if not i have a new never run pipe $110 shipped

BigGreenMachine
06-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Post some fresh pics of this bike, I've seen it trailprotrailpro but not lately. Tanks are a pain, your better off matching some leather to Kawi green and have someone make a custom tank cover for you like some people on here have for their 85's and 86's. As for 2500 resale price you'd be lucky to get that as the original price isn't even that much. Keep it and enjoy it for what its worth or trade it for the bike you want.

200x Basket
06-25-2004, 01:24 PM
have a custom aluminum tank made!!!

BigGreenMachine
06-27-2004, 08:33 PM
aaahhhh nice thinking x Basket, that would be totally nice

vartiak15
06-27-2004, 10:13 PM
hey put it up on ebay i bet u get what u want mabye more. just put a 2500 res on it. if i had 3 grand and u were selling it for taht ide buy it. it is a very very nice trike man but i say u keep it