PDA

View Full Version : how do you buy on classifed

martyrsxblood
06-24-2004, 10:19 PM
how do you buy in the classifid forum

YTZ250#1
06-24-2004, 10:36 PM
You have to pm or email the person that posted the add.You should be able to do that by clicking on the persons user name to the upper left of the post.(I think)Good luck to ya.

ScottZJ
06-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Click the users name and send them a PM message or email message stating that you are interested in the product. I like this way that way others arent jumping in front of you to buy something if you posted something.

84250r
06-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Classifieds are much better now.

Dirtcrasher
06-28-2004, 08:58 AM
how do you buy in the classifid forum

What you do is you contact the seller about the item and he says "it's in mint condition" then you ask him how much?? and the person replies "make me an offer" then you offer him 25$ for this 1985 200X front caliper and he says " I could get 60$ on EBAY for it" so you offer him 50$ and he reluctantly says OK.

After 3 weeks you still don't have your part and you try to contact his now invalid email and then post on this board looking for the person. He finally posts a reply only to inform you that his mom got in an accident with her John Deere tractor and he had to spoon feed her for 6 weeks but he will ship it right out to you and he is very sorry.

3 more weeks pass and you pull in your driveway only to see a box on the porch. Finally, you think to yourself as you take the package over to your bench and open it carefully so as not to scratch it. Upon opening the box you find your mint caliper is completely seized, has sat in the rain for 7 years and fits a 1984 250R.

Lots_Of_Nothing
06-28-2004, 10:02 AM
haha dirtcrasher, thats rough lies right there, ive had a VERY similar thing happen with some 250r forks that were actually 200x forks..., although, if i remember correctly the 200x caliper bolts right onto the 84 and other way around., so who was the great seller who did that to you? mine was the very nice sooner2234, or more recently known as daanswer2004

Dirtcrasher
06-30-2004, 07:30 PM
It's not an actual transaction - but typical of some of the ones I've experienced. In other words..... "BEWARE".

I meant to ask you, what the hell happened with your R?? After all that work and you finally got the liquid cooled R you wanted and set it up just your way and now I see your selling all the goods?? I have not been around for awhile so maybe I missed something.

Lots_Of_Nothing
07-01-2004, 04:30 AM
ahh, it hurts to see it go, im beating myself up over it, but i got other more important prioritys right now, get the truck fixed, get everything in my life on track,, just situate alot of BS thats going on.,, but trust me,, i wont be without a wheeler for long., im sure i'll come up with some other junker at the beginning of winter to turn into another project, i'm allready missin this one though :(