PDA

View Full Version : Big bore 2 stroke balanced crank for vibration reduction?

69HemiGTX
06-27-2004, 06:39 PM
I am looking for input about balancing cranks on non-counterbalanced two stroke engines, especially CR and KX 500s. I am trying to find out how much they reduce vibration when placed in a quad frame. If there is one thing that most people will learn about me, I ask a lot of questions, and I constantly come up with many different ATV projects. I am coming around to the idea of a KX500 powered quad again (I've wanted to build this for years but couldn't afford it), so that's why I am asking about crank balancing. A KX500 could shake so bad that it kills unborn children, and I don't want any of that. If worse comes to worse, I already have blueprints drawn up for a rubber mount system. I just want something very different from the thousands of Hondas I see everytime I am at the dunes. Plus, I'm a Kawasaki guy, and I'm sick of not having any good "true" Kawasaki powered quads, excluding the V-Force. I don't want a V-Force because of the auto tranny or a Tecate because thay are too hard to find parts for. I will ride almost exclusively in the dunes. I will venture to a motocross track every once in a while, but will be on the sand 95% of the time. I live four miles from Little Sahara in Oklahoma. I prefer a low-to-mid powerband. I hate drag racing, so top-end really isn't imporatnt to me at all. Torque means a lot because I average about 220lbs. most of the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.