PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 or Banshee?????

MVS1
06-29-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm torn between the two for my next toy. I have ridden both and love them both. The banshee has a little more beef but loses out in the handling area and i think i'm leaning more towards the four stroke for reliability purposes. The down low torque is nice for mudding and slow tight trails. Then again the top end pull of the banshee just rips on the straights and loose stuff! Is there a big difference in reliability between 2 and 4 strokes or is it just a myth? My 200x starts first kick every time and runs like a champ even though i beat it really bad every time i ride it. Just trying to make up my mind. Any opinions would be great!! Thanks!!

mike from long island
06-29-2004, 10:46 PM
in my opionion here i have owned three banshees. i liked the bike just fine. i manly rode it in the sand and feilds. never really trail drove it. i also have a warrior and ride in the same places. latly i have been riding my 350x everywhere. also one note i dont own a banshee anymore. but riding with someone who does in the trails i think it is a little tougher. the machine likes to rev high. as for the 450 i think i would go with that bike myself should i decide to but one. 200x,man has a kfx400 and i love riding that bike. compared to the warrior and banshee the kfx is better then the warrior and almost as fast as the banshee it is a four stroke and thats a plus. although i never had to bebuild and of my banshee. i think it is really up to you. evryone has very different opionions. if it is speed then banshee if its a dependable then 450 good luck

MVS1
06-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the input. definately reliability is nice. Especially when you get out in the middle of nowhere with no way to fix your toy. I do a lot of longer trail rides that bring me to places where i have no idea where i am. Theres also duning and drag racing so its a real tuff decision. I think the 450 is pulling ahead in my mind. Anyone else have an opinion?

smokinwrench
06-29-2004, 10:59 PM
I ride with a few banshees all the time. 1 of them is a totally stock 2002 and has never had anything done but spark plugs replaced. 1 is piped and kn filter it is also reliable, it is older so it has been bored once.

450 has elctric start, thats what I want.

TrikerR
07-12-2004, 08:46 AM
man ive own both and they are both stock cause i use them for trails mainly and my yfz kicks the shees but any time

TimSr
07-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Id have a tough time choosing between the two, as youll find both are fine machines, and both can easily be setup as excellent trail machines. When setup properly the Banshee will out low end any other two stroke Ive seen in action. It mostly a personal preference thing, and Id lean towards the Banshee myself because of my own leanings towards two strokes, but if I was even remotely considering running MX, (which I would) Id have to go with the YFZ. For everything else, it would be a tough choice.

KASEY
07-12-2004, 10:24 AM
i have had lotsa seat time on both!!! i own a yfz without a doubt the best decision i ever made,,,,,

MVS1
07-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Got to ride the 400EX on a MX track this weekend and Really like the four stroke grunt down low. When it come to jumping the YFZ would take the cake right(over the shee)? I found out i really like the big doubles and just getting some big air. I found a YFZ that i think i'm going to buy so thanks for all the info! The 200X did 55.8 on GPS this weekend. The 400EX did 65.4. Fun stuff :D