PDA

View Full Version : damnn deer

mike from long island
07-02-2004, 11:00 AM
well as you all know i have that yellow 86 chevy 4x4 i build 2 1/2 years ago. well next thursady i am taking it to a huge truck show in Bloomsburg PA well last night a deer ran into the side on my front tire. it took the door out and bent the front of my bed straight up. now it is not that bad of damage. but enough to stand out. i am so hot 1 1/2 years i have had it on the road with less then 6000 miles and next week i am so ready to go to the show and this happens. gonna call my autobody friend for so quick repairs. door needs to be replaced because of the damage. the bed can be bent back around hopefully!!!! i didnt even see the deer coming. it hit me so hard it moved the truck. the deer skidded off to the side of the road. i backed up and went to the deer. i dont think it was still alive but i made sure it was dead!!!!!! i acually felt bad for the deer till this morning when i found the damage. o well what can ya do????? later :beer

Honda300ex
07-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Deers really piss me off too.. I repainted my car about a month ago. Nothing special just a cheap job i did in my garage and i hit a little bitty deer.. just enough to bend in the front end and make the paint chip. So now i got to repaint it again. My Buddy has a 72 Chevy that he just put a brand new grill/grill shell in it and about a week later he hit a dog and bent it all up. Im gonna put brush guards on everything from now on!!

threewheelin-feelin
07-02-2004, 12:42 PM
we were drivin donw the road one night in the van and a damn deer ran into the side of r van he hit us lmao

mywifeknowseverything
07-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear of that man!!! I hit one last year doing about 45 mph in my truck...Center punched it (had no where to go) and it flew up and over the hood, F'ed up my windshield and landed in the back of the truck....I didn't have anything back there to make "Sure" it was dead but there was a construction site close by...Borrowed one of their Nail Guns....MMMMMMMMM Back Strap!!!!! :beer

threewheelin-feelin
07-02-2004, 02:31 PM
muahahahahahahh u nailed him

vartiak15
07-02-2004, 07:35 PM
i was ridding along a part of my trail wehre it goes along a corn feild and all of a sudden this big as doe jumped about 5 feet infront of me lol it scared teh piss out of me.

PowerTrike
07-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Sorry to hear about that mike! Good luck getting your truck fixed up. I've had similar problems: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=21021

350xsx
07-04-2004, 01:38 AM
my friends goin to bloomsburg in his 49 panelwagon on 44's, he custom built the frame from square metal lightposts from NYC and it has a worked 454 in it, its sick, i wish i was goin but i cant make it this year hope you make out with the bed and the door

mike from long island
07-04-2004, 06:34 PM
how can things get worse the poor old lady was going around the garage near my house. my uncle uses it for his air conditioning shop. he had a barrel full of copper scraps. wouldnt you know if she hit it with the side of the trcuk and gouged the otherside of the bed up. again not to bad but as luck has it more damage!!!!!! i cant believe this luck now. three days before i leave. one more thing goes bad and ill bring my dodge stratus down instead friggin luck arrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATC crazy
07-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Dang....sorry to hear about your luck Mike. I somewhat know the feeling of not having any luck....especially when purchasing items.

I hope you can get 'er fixed before the show....Good luck!

atcpunk107
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
i like to chase deer in this one field that i go ridong in alot, well one night i decided to chase this one huge buck, had been at least 14 point, well i was about fool bore(yes i do meen fool) and the damn thing decided to turn around on me, i was scared shitless, well i wipped the trike around as fast as i could and took off, that buck would have messed me up a good one, another time me and my friend were driving down this one back road and we heard the motor acting up so we stop and pop the hood, as wee were checking the motor we here this cathud and the truck slid sideways about 2 foot, we look at eachother and than we look at the side and this good size doe jumped up and took off back down the hill, than we look at te truck and their is a big dent in his door, i felt sorry for the ll dakota

honda200
07-08-2004, 09:48 AM
i chased 4 does on my quad last spring and one was runnin so fast that when it made the turn, it caught mud, slid onto its side and slide for about 10 or 12 feet, i just stopped the quad as fast as i could and watched it, as soon as it was almost done slidin it jumped up and took off

Curtis