PDA

View Full Version : what did you fo for July 4th??

smokinp
07-04-2004, 11:38 PM
what did everyone do for july 4th?I am canadian but i have some friends in the us(maine)and we went to the parade and then went to the fair which had a huge mudding contest with all sorts of 4x4's :beer it was awesome!after that we went to play some games,go on rides and have a good time,after this we went out for supper and had chinese and finished the night off with some fireworks :Bounce
p.s-i wish that I would have brought my digital camera with me :Evil

Howdy
07-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Went to a friends place for a 4Th of July Party. We started fireworks at 8:15 PM and stopped at 10:45 PM. These were non-stop fireworks. This grand display was only possible due to the fact we get a big discount on them, and that there was 6 people buying. It was great. We shot off more than any other place around. All the people in this town came out to watch. Not one person complained. You got to love that!!
Howdy

ATC crazy
07-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Well....We didnt get any fireworks this year (dont ask why....all last week we were on the NC and SC border, so we coulda got the good stuff). Parents didnt want to get any this year for some reason....

I stayed at home and helped dad replace rotors, pads, and shoes on the van.

TimSr
07-05-2004, 11:31 AM
As usual, I raced.

AirManCam
07-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Well, we had some fireworks, got drunk..we were camping and then some drunk(and other unknown high) pulled in our campsite and got stuck woke all of us up, almost got in a fight haha, but over all it was fun.

twgranger
07-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Got laid, the same old stuff. :D

threewheelin-feelin
07-05-2004, 02:20 PM
well i light off 60 dollars worth of my sister and her bfs fire works i got a few pics ill get um on a cd. then i went down to a firiends house for some more. and my uncle shot his double barrel a few times and i fixed a xr 70 tire. wont a bad 4th i guess.we also had steak hahahaha.

TeCaTe_MaN
07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
my 4th was loud, ill say that much, my ears are still ringing :D after we lit off about 90 bux worth of fountains and such i didnt feel like picking up the used fireworks so i took out a few of my *modified* ground bloom flowers and absolutely took those fountains apart :Bounce (GBF gutted, replaced with sparkler powder = big boom!)

Wickedfinger
07-05-2004, 03:45 PM
.... all I can say is ... DAMN CHILD PROOF LIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. $1200 worth of fireworks later my thumb and forefinger are toasted.

Kilborg
07-05-2004, 07:13 PM
We blew up a couple grands worth of goodness over in new york. Pretty good display...not as big as some previous ones but far safer (only 1 close call on this one).

Tejas, We upgraded to automatically lit (flick the button and go, probably just a peezio electric ignition) propane torches. We as close to a professional display as c-class hobbyist can come, so lighting off 100 rockets, 2 artillery salvos, and a few various big cakes can get real dangerous with 4 guys running around using cigarette lighters. The torches are probably the best investment we have made with our fireworks hobby.

Wickedfinger
07-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Killy, where were you yesterday with this revelaton ...........

ATC crazy
07-05-2004, 09:43 PM
.... all I can say is ... DAMN CHILD PROOF LIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. $1200 worth of fireworks later my thumb and forefinger are toasted.

Give me a knife and 5 seconds of your time and I will fix it for ya... ;)

3 weelin geezer
07-05-2004, 10:31 PM
fixed the holes I put into my gas tank taking off the mount to find two damn little holes under the paint that I could've fixed if I saw them. Oh well, there went the rust under it too so I guess it was worth it. It'll be a lot easier to keep it from rusting now that the mount is removable. Then it was 'OFF WITH THE PAINT!!' and prep for some cheap spray can job until i find out how much a pro job will cost. BTW, why do people shoot guns on the 4th? The bullet comes down somewhere. Unless you take the shotgun shells and load them with something cool that is not lead. For example, flour makes a really cool orange flash and baking soda a nice green one I think if I remember correctly but you still have the plastic wad to worry about. Unless you happen to live on a farm and not in the city like me. :mad:

Has anyone tried throwing an artillery ball instead of launching it out of the tube?

Dynofox
07-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I went to Paragon off-road park in PA for the July 4th weekend. It was a good time but man are those trails rocky!

jacob
07-05-2004, 11:02 PM
we had fun with sparkler bombs and homemade m80s ,we blew a 5 gallon aluminum bucket 50 to 60 feet in the air it was badass. we took out the neighabors mail box with a m80 it was the funniest thing ever (we had his permission he needed a new mailbox) .man it was great and after all that we went to a part got drunk and had fun with the hoes. i love the 4th

Russell 350X
07-09-2004, 02:44 PM
I went to a friends house in here in NY, they have the licence thingy to do fireworks. 2000$ worth lol it was good better than anything around unless the chataqua lake fireworks, I guess they were big.

jeswinehart
07-09-2004, 08:38 PM
went scuba diving ( 2 tanks ) on the fourth ,,, went home and packed up a bunch of dive gear and went camping/diving for another 4 days ,,,, and got in 8 more dives. she got 2 boat motors and sevral anchors + i a couple of anchors and fishing reels.

we did agree to take our spouse's up to michigans upper part a year from this labor day ( we plan things way ahead of time ).

john