PDA

View Full Version : my pooor pooor deaf doggy

eh_tee_see
07-07-2004, 04:54 AM
oh my dog just love fireworks yes, and he just jumped right up on some firecrackers and they exploded right next to his ear..... now he's deaf at the ripe old age of 10 :(

ATC crazy
07-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear (no pun intended)....

Best of wishes to him. Is he deaf in both ears or in just one? One of my cousin's dogs did a similar act next to a 8ga. shotgun and was pronounced deaf in only one ear...

Jeb
07-07-2004, 02:59 PM
8 Guage! :eek:

We always get together at Mom and Dads for fireworks every year. It's out in the middle of no where so you can shoot to your hearts content not worrying about crowds, city ordances or any other rules (just don't start a fire or make mom mad! ;) ) . and you can also watch the neighbors shows off in the distance.

Anyway, my dad's dog chases the sparks, runs around barking and acting crazy. shoot a Roman candle low to the ground he will try to catch it and will chase down to where it lands and start digging like mad. running from where one lands to where the next one lands. Needless to say, he stays in trouble allot!

He kind of acts the same around guns. when we shoot, he'll start barking, run out and look around and start digging. I guess cause he's part bird-dog.
Best thing for him is to tie him at the house!

trikerider2oo7
07-07-2004, 03:14 PM
sorry about your dog...my neighbors dog chases everything...fireworks, cars, amish, fourwheelers, threewheelers, motorcycles, little animals, cows etc. something is going to get her some day

threewheelin-feelin
07-07-2004, 07:01 PM
sorry man thats sad :(

deathman53
07-07-2004, 07:45 PM
that sucks, my dog is blind and losing her hearing. keep animals away from loud things!!!

eh_tee_see
07-10-2004, 04:53 AM
yeah hes fully deaf. my buddy heath is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and he came over and we were shootin off a few bottle rockets and my dog came over and got interested so i told him i was goin to put him away, and i took skipper to the front door but heath had already lit the firecrackers off and my dog was on top of those things in a snap. the worst part is is on hot days he hides in the shade under our truck, and he can't hear it start up any more... my sister almost ran him over....

TrikeKid
07-13-2004, 03:33 AM
my dog only has one eye. she got an eye infection from being hit/poked in the eye with something after that her old owners left her when they moved.

eh_tee_see
07-13-2004, 08:31 PM
that sucks. gawd, some of the assholes around here shot a dog in the eye with a bb gun. The worst part about that is that the assholes that shot the dog were her owners

hondawilly
07-13-2004, 09:00 PM
my dog chases bottelrockets and sometime they blowup in his mouth

eh_tee_see
07-17-2004, 04:54 AM
yeah tahts happened to my dog too, well it finally happened, he got ran over... my dad was just backing up at maybe 15 mph and he couldn't hear it and then he was sucked under and yelping so bad. well hes alright now, but his left leg is hurt pretty bad, thats all though, not broken though.