PDA

View Full Version : runs yesterday, not today???

Trikeaholic
12-29-2002, 04:30 PM
I am at a loss as to explain this. the LT230 fired right up yesterday, and ran pretty well after I figured out it was in gear, it even almost idled. today, NOTHING, not even a sputter. its got gas, but its hard to tell if the plug is wet, if it is , its not very wet. Ether will not start it either. I tried for an hour and a half to get the dam thing started. How is it possible that after 2 years of sitting, I got it started, and then ran it for 10 minutes, and now nothing?? It has spark, not a "huge fat blue spark" like the saying goes, but none of my machines ever had spark like that. Could it be out of time already somehow? it has compression still, and suction off the carb, so WTF?? I checked all electric connections, everything. I am pissed. If i seized a valve or bent one it shouldnt have compression, right?? I cant explain it. anyone else got any ideas??

HemiChallenger71
12-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Whats the compression rading trikeaholic?

mudduck14843
01-26-2003, 03:35 AM
my guess- timing

olderthandirt
02-09-2003, 10:55 PM
:-D the float in the carb may be stuck,from varnish sitting for so long,it ran a little because of the fuel that was in the carb bowl

dgrallying
02-10-2003, 03:30 AM
This is almost the same problem as what i had with my latest Tri-Z Quad.

It had been sat for about two years and would not start. fuel was ok and had a good spark :?:

In the end i took the card out and cleaned it all up, in the float chamber i found particals of oil (BIG Bits) i think where the fuel mix may have seperated.

I refitted the carb and put in new fuel mix and on the 3rd kick it started.... :D

Try doing the same, it may help