PDA

View Full Version : my new pathmaking machine

trikerider2oo7
07-14-2004, 10:27 AM
MINI DOZER!!! my uncle gave me this beast because a fued (long story). it needs some fixin up but he said it runs, but i havent got it to. it needs a couple belts and bearings which will run me about $70. it's got a 42" blade, metal tracks, and a 7HP Briggs&Stratton industrial motor. its got 2 levers. the one on the right runs the right track and same on the left. push one forward and the other backwards and do 360s lol. it is perfect for ridin paths. cant wait to get it going and maybe i will wire brush the rust and give it a paintjob and a cushioned seat. cant wait to get it going!!!

GreyhoundRugby
07-14-2004, 01:58 PM
7 horses thay thing must move at a crawl.

ATC crazy
07-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Hahaha...that thing is sweet :beer

I sure could use one of those around here to smooth out the bumps...

mywifeknowseverything
07-14-2004, 09:23 PM
As a kid we had two of those...Those will crawl just about anywhere..My cousin and I used to have little pull offs with them..Also put them blade to blade...The person who lost was at a 90 degree angle :beer .Nice score.... :Bounce

H.M.F.I.C.
07-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I need one of those. Not sure if it would push over much though at 7 horsepower. That blade is the perfect width for trails. The engine probably doesn't make to much difference because it is probably just runs a hydralic pump. While you are in there go ahead and throw on a turbo and paint her green for some good john deere luck. Oh yeah, have fun.

trikerider2oo7
07-14-2004, 09:46 PM
i was thinking, not planning on but thinking, about selling the engine that is in it and getting a different one. i was told it was worth about $300. so i could sell that and buy a tractor engine with electric start and then eventually get an electric winch so i aint gotta get up to move the blade. i would like to just get it going for now though.

H.M.F.I.C.
07-14-2004, 09:58 PM
yeah, no since investing a bunch in it at on time. Thats why you have a trike right. See how it does then hook it up if looks like somthing good will come out of it.

YAMAHA_Jim
07-17-2004, 08:55 AM
I've seen alot of bulldozers,but never one like that.That looks like a nice lil machine for making trails and jumps too. I hope you get it going.
I usually run a 1972 JD350crawler dozer or a JD450d.The 350 I restored from the frame up 2 yrs ago.That was alot f work. I dont have any pics of them but heres a few other machines I play with.

smokinwrench
07-17-2004, 11:28 AM
7 HP will be more then enough power. All dozers are very low on power compared to what they can do. It is a traction thing. Just get it running and you will see that it has plenty of power.

trikerider2oo7
07-27-2004, 02:45 PM
its alive!!! i got it running today. i need to do some exhaust work and then all the belts and bearings and $|-|!T in the back.

Meat-BoX
07-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Looks like its time to build a killer Track :beer