PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy 3 wheeler tires??

william
10-10-2002, 01:42 PM
where do you guys buy your tires??

Big Red83
10-10-2002, 02:21 PM
I dont usaly tell people this but wal-mart has a good line of tires, for cheap.

Big Darn Mike C
10-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Walmart huh? i will have to check that out, that's pretty cool. Another place is Rocky Mountain ATV. they have great prices on tires, wheels, or tire/wheel combos. The combos come mounted, the service is good, the prices are the best i have seen, and the shipping is free on orders over like $150 or something.

Big Red83
10-10-2002, 03:52 PM
yeah I checked on getting some tires for my red, they had nice 12-25-9 for like 39.99 I think they were carsile turfbusters or something like that.

looked nice.

10-11-2002, 07:05 PM
what can I fit on a 22-11-0-8 rim??

Jonathan
10-11-2002, 08:09 PM
I dont usaly tell people this but wal-mart has a good line of tires, for cheap.

That kinda depends on the particular store and location. The Wal-Mart here in Little Rock carries absolutely no ATV tires as far as I know. The one in Monticello where my grandma lives and where I do most of my riding does carries them although they only have the crappy ones. My 86 TRX 125 has Carlisle Strykers (about the most common Wal-Mart tires), and I absolutely positively hate them. They have a hard rubber compound and a sh!tty tread pattern IMO. I do have to say, I've never had a flat on my Strykers, and I know I've run over lots of barbed wire. The same can't be said for the fronts though, one of them won't hold air, but it didn't hold air when we got it and I never bothered to fix it or even find the leak, it's on a non-suspended beater and really doesn't affect handeling so i said "fudge it" and we've been riding with it flat with no problems for the past year.

10-11-2002, 08:56 PM
I'll second that recommendation of RockyMountainATV.com. Also, if you're looking for a front tire, James Lucky www.jlatvproducts.com is one of the few places that has threewheeler front tires anymore.

TimSr
10-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Always look at shipping prices! I use Rocky Mountain and Dennis Kirk. Dennis Kirk tires appear to be very expensive, but orders over $100 have free shipping which made my All Traks $2 more than Rocky and a couple days closer to me. Also consider where they are located in relation to you, as most usually ship UPS whose rates are based on distance.

BigReds Forever
10-17-2002, 11:21 PM
john are you dissin my strykers? how can you say they have a shitty tred patern? why whould almost every tire company make a tire with that patern? although they are a little harder compound. don't flip out know cuse i do respect your oppinion but im just saying i got them on my red and theyve got through hell and back. im also not saying there the best tire out there but you gotta admital that patern cleans out pretty well (mayby your 125 just dont have the power, LOL)

BigReds Forever
10-17-2002, 11:22 PM
john are you dissin my strykers? how can you say they have a shitty tred patern? why whould almost every tire company make a tire with that patern? although they are a little harder compound. don't flip out know cuse i do respect your oppinion but im just saying i got them on my red and theyve got through hell and back. im also not saying there the best tire out there but you gotta admital that patern cleans out pretty well (mayby your 125 just dont have the power, LOL)

Jonathan
10-18-2002, 12:06 AM
I know my 125 don't have no power, but with the little power it has, it shouldn't be spinnin the tires. I've thought about it and part of the reason may be the fact that the 125 ain't that heavy and I'm not either. Our 110 has tires that are 10 times better, it weighs less and gets far more grip. The tread of the Carlisles doesn't flex enough to wrap around things for grip. I'm just saying that I don't like em. BTW, I'm not dissin your Strykers, I'm dissin mine. I'm sure yours do work better for you, you've got a heavier machine and I'm sure you weigh more than me too.

Jonathan
10-18-2002, 12:08 AM
I'm sure you weigh more than me too.

Before anyone gets pissed, that wasn't an insult or anything, I really am a little dude I'm in the low, way low 100's.

Howdy
10-18-2002, 07:54 AM
you might also try www.treaddepot.com. They have good prices but not that big of selection.

Stunz
10-18-2002, 09:17 AM
1) Rocky Mountain ATV (Utah?)

2) Marcum's (Florida)
http://www.motorcycle-atv-pwc.com/
He doesn't show tires on his web site like RM does, but call him for a good price.

Since were on the subject, what is a good tire for the FRONT?
What's better, a rounder tread pattern or flatter treat pattern like the Bandits have?

El'Capitan
08-04-2007, 01:45 AM
cant say it enough times. rockymountainatv.com is the way to go.

dblshockpower
08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Who still has the '84 200es oem Dunlops?