PDA

View Full Version : Does Everyone Have this Problem????

jdparsons1
12-30-2002, 01:38 AM
Is it me or does everyone have this problem. Since I have bought my ATC a month and a half ago I have had more people tell me that they know someone who "almost died on one of those things". It's starting to get annoying, "Oh, I had an uncle who broke his neck on an ATC, those things aren't safe."

I am new to the atc/atv world but I had a little z50 when I was young and those can be dangerous too if you dont use a little common sense and first learn the bike and how fast to drive it on different terrains.

Just venting,
Jeremy

HemiChallenger71
12-30-2002, 01:55 AM
You better get used to hearing it, because you will never-not hear that bullshit about ATC's. I argue with anyone untill they shout u pabout their comments to me. Now that an ATc ahs saved my life, I will argue even more...

Jonathan
12-30-2002, 02:29 AM
Now that an ATc ahs saved my life, I will argue even more...
An ATC saved your life? I wanna hear this story.

You will always hear trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about how dangerous trikes are. I even got into an arguement with the nurse-dude or whatever he was in the ER when I broke my arm on my X (the accident was not due to it being a 3-wheeler, the brakes went out when I rode up my driveway and there's a ditch and a fence at the end).

Wickedfinger
12-30-2002, 11:51 AM
..... I've been hearing that since 1984!

theeechozen1
12-30-2002, 02:38 PM
There just mad cause there quads are too slow with all that extra weight!! Real men ride 3 wheels ;)

TimSr
12-30-2002, 04:25 PM
I hear it from people who dont ride anything at all, but rarely hear it from quad riders. Ive never heard it followed by, "you should get a quad. They are much safer." In my experience its always been from people who arent fond of any type ATV or dirt bike.

Jonathan
12-30-2002, 05:56 PM
You know Tim, you're right. I never really noticed that till you said that. I've never been givin trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for riding trikes from anyone that rides for fun (not just to go hunting or something) or anyone at any dealerships, I've only gotten it from non-riders or kids that ride and don't know anything.

12-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Yes, out here is Massachussetts I get that all of the time about my ATC's and you get @#%$ if you just have a dirtbike. There is really no legal riding out here. So we have to do it illeagley. We ride powerlines and train tracks. Theye are old trails in the woods we ride that used to be used for hunting on horses.

ATCRYDER
12-30-2002, 07:30 PM
whoooo carrrrres :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ignore em, Its your choice. You can drive a Buick Skylark around the trails but until they try it for a while..........they got no right to knock it.

HemiChallenger71
12-30-2002, 11:36 PM
John: Yes an ATC saved my life, check my post of INTERESTING DAY, at the bottom of the page.

And for TimSr, yes most of the people that complain about them have never ridden anything at all. I still get a lot of people that ride bikes and quads make comments though.

MountainRider
12-30-2002, 11:44 PM
I think it's safe to say that no matter where you are, you're going to hear that sort of thing. I hear it at least twice a week here in central OK. I usually just smile and say "People who get killed or maimed on threewheelers are either stupid, or it was just their time", and leave it at that!

jdparsons1
12-31-2002, 12:32 AM
Yeah. All of the people who have said this to me are all people who do not ride any type of offroad vehicle. Its always someone that was related to them or they knew. I have one friend who races quads and he just kind of shrugged and said its all in how you ride them.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-31-2002, 12:55 AM
when i first got my 250R i heard about 20 stories within 4 days from family and older people saying "those are very dangerous" or "i know someone who broke there neck on one of those"....it does get sickening, but i have been hearing it for a long time and i have kind of grown used to it,

and yes, most people that tell me this have never even rode one before :rolleyes: ..so who are they to judge?

its stupid....but sometimes life is stupid