PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest '04 CD /videos

TimSr
06-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Yes, its that time again, and Ive been asked the question many times, and of course, the answer is, YES! Aside from an opportunity for everyone to have a huge collection of visual memories, as well as for those who could not attend, sales of this CD became valuable in offsetting some of the costs of the operation of this website. I also happen to know that Howdy put down a small fortune of his own personal capital for promotional items such as t-shirts, stickers and hats for trikefest. We can all help by buying up those remaining promotional items. Email Howdy for stickers and T-shirts! Also, site donations can be made at any time via paypal to donations@3wheelerworld.com.
The success of the CD depends upon all of you. Its your pictures and video that make it happen!
Im asking anyone to submit photos in .jpg file format. File size is not important, and original large files are best as they can be printed out in full size without distortion. Most film development places offer your photos on CD in addition to your prints for just a few extra dollars. Due to the expected volume, it will simply not be practical for me to scan printed photos.
I can accept photos and video files in several different ways.
First, they can be emailed. I am on Roadrunner cable service, so it doesnt matter how many or how big, as long as your service will handle it.
Second, you can put them on diskette or CD and mail them to me via USPS Media mail Postage is $1.40. As TriZ Jim will tell you, DO NOT write on a CD (EITHER SIDE!) with a ball point pen. Use a felt tip marker. A ball point, even on the top side of the CD can easily destroy it. It is best to send a copy that you dont need back. It would be awful to have your only original lost in the mail or something.
Many of you have picture hosting sites, and its very difficult and time consuming for me to download individual photos from a hosting site, so ill ask that you dont send me a link to obtain them. I can do this as a last resort, but if at all possible, please email them or mail them on a CD. Last year I worked with over 400 photos, and Im sure there will be more this year.
Video files can again be put on the CD, as individual video files (mov, mpg, etc), but I cannot incorporate a digital video file into the Trikefest Video. On last year's CD, I had a collection of video files submitted from video cameras. The 18 minute Trikefest video from last year was made from analog video clips taken off Howdy's 8mm camcorder tape. If you have video footage I can certainly use it too, but it has to be on tape for me to incorporate it into the video I will be making. 8MM tape is easier for me to work with, but VHS is fine also. Again, if at all possible, make a copy so your only copy does not get lost. If you need them returned, just let me know.
As it looks right now, we may have a lot more video to work with this year, and the finshed product is uncertain at this point. If we have enough video, I may even make it available on VHS, depending on how much there is, and the interest. We could also end up with a multiple CD set.
When submitting pictures or video tapes, please be sure to include your 3WW name, your real name, and your city and state so I can include it in the credits as I did last year. Also include your email address so I can acknowledge receiving them.
Any questions or feedback on this project are best directed to my email address of Leadboot@neo.rr.com . If you dont have a working email, PMs are okay, but they are a lot harder for me to manage and organize.
I know everyone is eager to help, and to put up money for them, but its a lot less complicated and confusing for me if I dont take orders or payment until Ive announced they are completed and ready to ship.

Inquiries and file submissions by email - Leadboot@neo.rr.com

Mailing files or video tapes to: Tim Stefanko, Sr. , 44 Salt court, Rittman, Ohio 44270.

If you have submitted something and not gotten a receipt email from me in a reasonable amount of time, make sure you let me know.

Thanks everyone! Lets make this one even better than the last!

3WheelsForever
06-09-2004, 06:15 PM
You can put me down for a CD and Tape Tim. I have a few pictures but I need to get them resized and then I can email them to you. Thanks for making them again this year. Ive watched last years probably 20 times LMAO.

Howdy
06-09-2004, 07:36 PM
You can put me down for a CD and Tape Tim. I have a few pictures but I need to get them resized and then I can email them to you. Thanks for making them again this year. Ive watched last years probably 20 times LMAO.

If you can burn the pictures onto a CD at full size and give me the CD I will get it sent to TimSr with all the video & pictures that I have. If you need a CD I have a stack of blanks also. Questions? Call me. ;)
Howdy

350x'inNY
06-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I downloaded most of my pics to ScottZJ's laptop at Trikefest. I ended up taking more pics after that though...

Will burn and send them out to you!
Bruce

P.S. - I tried to send you a email from work with all the pics on it... sent, and it came back. I looked at my sent folder, and the messafge was 17MB!!! I got ~100 pics form Trikefest to send you!

TimSr
06-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Full size files are best as people print them out, and can resize them to the degree necessary. If you cant email them, burning them on CD is best.

ScottZJ
06-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Well it looks like I have well over 200 pics with Bruces included....so I will just burn them on a CD and send them your way. Its much easier than sending a couple pics at a time. I am off tomorrow for the holiday so I will get on it then.

350Xccelerator
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
how much $ will the cds cost?

84250r
06-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Do you have any CD's left from last years TF03?

200xman
06-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Do you have any CD's left from last years TF03?

If they don't I have an extra. $5 let me know.

200xman
06-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I just want everyone to know(Howdy, Tim Sr. etc) that I am not trying to bootleg anything. I have an extra CD that I am willing to get rid of and willl send any $ to the site. To the others, please don't ask me to burn copies.
if you need to, delete these 2 posts.

TimSr
06-14-2004, 09:28 AM
I will not know the cost on these until they are complete, because I have no idea how many pictures, and how much video Ill be working with, or even for sure what media they will be on. Last years was a single CD that I sold for $12.00 with $10.00 from each one going to the site, and $2.00 to me to cover shipping and materials. If we end up with more than one CD or a VHS option this year, they will probably cost more than that.
I can still make last years Trikefest '03 CD's, but I just make them as requested, and dont stockpile them now.
I take check, cash, money order, or Paypal.

Leadboot@neo.rr.com

250SX_rider
06-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Yea, how much does a TF04 CD cost? I would like some videos... ;)

Billy Golightly
06-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Checkout the post right above yours 250SX_Rider

TimSr
06-18-2004, 11:46 AM
HondaATC, got the CD yesterday! Youve got some great footage. I cant video files into my video editing program, but I will include it its .mpg format as youve sent it to me. Thanks!

timex69
06-20-2004, 02:23 PM
If someone will gather all the pictures videos ETC and send them to me i will gladly buy a 50 pack of cds and turn it into a movie u can watch on your DVD player and turn the pictures into a slide show that u can watch on your dvd player and they will be foresale for $1 per CD. If the site admins would like me to do this drop me a line.

alex

trikerider2oo7
06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
will you have them in VCD or DVD format? some DVD players wont play VCDs

TimSr
06-21-2004, 09:48 AM
If someone will gather all the pictures videos ETC and send them to me i will gladly buy a 50 pack of cds and turn it into a movie u can watch on your DVD player and turn the pictures into a slide show that u can watch on your dvd player and they will be foresale for $1 per CD. If the site admins would like me to do this drop me a line.

alex

If you refer to the first post you will have an understanding as to why we do this. While it is kind of you to offer them for $1, the fact is this. Once again, I sold them for $12. $10 went directly to 3ww World for Site Operating Expenses. Howdy has posted these several times in the past, and if you have any questions about what it costs to keep this site running, Im sure he will be happy to post them again. $2 went to me. From that $2.00 came the $1.42 shipping posts via USPS media mail. Of the remaining 58 cents, came the cost of the blank CD-Rs, and the cost of tape and packing materials. Last year we raised $270 for 3 Wheelerworld. I used my existing bookkeeping software to track everything. I spent many hours working on these for a net loss. This is not a classified ad posted so I can make money.
I never copyrighted anything, and we relied strictly on the honor system that people would not reproduce and distribute these, gyping the site out of funds it needs to run. There will always be a few who feel they are entitled to great website, and that it should be at Howdy's expense, (as well as a handful of generous site members) most viewed this as an inexensive way to contribute to the site as well as get a collection of several people's photos from the event.
If you feel you can sell them for $1, pay shipping to the US, and raise $270 for the site and track it, I will be happy to turn this project over to you. Otherwise please dont publically undermine my efforts to use my skills to raise money for the site operation. If you think I am hosing people or the price is too steep, please ask for more information before trying to undercut my prices (which havent been announced for this year).
Thank you.

Howdy
06-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Howdy has posted these several times in the past, and if you have any questions about what it costs to keep this site running, Im sure he will be happy to post them again.

Howdy's expense, (as well as a handful of generous site members) most viewed this as an inexensive way to contribute to the site as well as get a collection of several people's photos from the event.

Not to take anything away from your posting TimSr. But I felt the need to give due Credit to HondaATC. He deserves more credit than I do. Yes, HondaATC has also invested alot of money ( out of his pocket ) into the site. In the past it just worked out that one or the other covered the hosting / bandwith & domain name cost.

What does it cost for the 3WW web site? Since December 22, 2003 ( 6 months ) we have spent $238.80 for 6 months of Web hosting / bandwith cost. This doesn't include the money we spent to purchase the message board program.

Doing a little math ( 238.80 x 2 ) you can calculate a whole year cost $477.60. But there is more to it ( we are growing ). As a lot of people have noticed the web site is getting bigger and bigger all the time.
FYI, In the past 3 years this web site has grown from around 500 users to over 3600 current registered users. More users = more traffic. More Traffic = more bandwidth useage. More bandwidth usage = more Money. In the past 3 years we have seen the hosting / bandwith usage and cost skyrocket ( almost triple ).
HondaATC and myself are not made of money. To help cover the cost of the site we have ask for donations ( we do not beg for them ). A lot of users have helped out. Some sent $2 and others sent more. Some donated a pile of parts. Those were sold on Ebay and ALL procceds put into the 3WW account. I have said it before and will say it again: "Thanks to everyone that has Helped".

Other ways we have raised needed Funds:
Last year TimSR did up a kickass TF03 CD to help the web site. And it really helped out a lot. This year plans are underway for a TF04 CD and possibly other stuff.
For the past 2 years I have had shirts made up for TF. I also bought 3WW stickers. These were purchased out of my personal pocket. Last year the shirts made a little money that went for the site. This year they have almost broke even ( I still have a bunch left over ). If the rest of them sell all money over the purchase cost of them goes into the 3WW account for web hosting cost.

What about the stickers? A lot of people ask us to get stickers. Without me purchasing the stickers out of my pocket we wouldn't have them ( money that was to be used on my house ). Yes, we have sold some stickers. How ever not enough to cover the cost of them ( Yet ).

Do I plan on getting the money I laid out back? The money I used ( out of my pocket ) to purchase the shirts and stickers is being set aside as seed money for future non-hosting web site cost / needs.

I am currently working on 3WW Hats. I had a few samples done up and gave them out at TF04.

If you have read everything this far you will see that 3WW gets it funds ( for hosting / bandwith, ect ) from these methods:
Donations
TF CD's
3WW Stickers
TF Shirts

Without the funds that these generate we wouldn't be able to add to the site. A lot of people already know this.

FYI, as was posted in the past: We have over 3600 registered users. If each person donated $1 a year it would generate enough money to be able to do a lot more things with the web site. Including hosting our own chat room and such. We do not put any of the money into our pockets. 100% goes for the web site.

Why do we do this? Because we have the love for 3 Wheelers.

Howdy

timex69
06-22-2004, 09:05 PM
If you refer to the first post you will have an understanding as to why we do this. While it is kind of you to offer them for $1, the fact is this. Once again, I sold them for $12. $10 went directly to 3ww World for Site Operating Expenses. Howdy has posted these several times in the past, and if you have any questions about what it costs to keep this site running, Im sure he will be happy to post them again. $2 went to me. From that $2.00 came the $1.42 shipping posts via USPS media mail. Of the remaining 58 cents, came the cost of the blank CD-Rs, and the cost of tape and packing materials. Last year we raised $270 for 3 Wheelerworld. I used my existing bookkeeping software to track everything. I spent many hours working on these for a net loss. This is not a classified ad posted so I can make money.
I never copyrighted anything, and we relied strictly on the honor system that people would not reproduce and distribute these, gyping the site out of funds it needs to run. There will always be a few who feel they are entitled to great website, and that it should be at Howdy's expense, (as well as a handful of generous site members) most viewed this as an inexensive way to contribute to the site as well as get a collection of several people's photos from the event.
If you feel you can sell them for $1, pay shipping to the US, and raise $270 for the site and track it, I will be happy to turn this project over to you. Otherwise please dont publically undermine my efforts to use my skills to raise money for the site operation. If you think I am hosing people or the price is too steep, please ask for more information before trying to undercut my prices (which havent been announced for this year).
Thank you.

I know exactly how much it costs to run a website with bandwidth/site space being used in large quantitys. I payed to host 200 meg files on geocities for 2 months n that bill was huge.

I understand now why ya's do it.
Sorry bout that..i post to quick without reading sometimes
alex

Billy Golightly
06-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey TimSr, hows the project coming? I'm chomping at the bit! You did get my drag race video on CD right?

TimSr
06-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Hey HondaATC, I got your video, and made apost about it above. So far the project is moving pretty slow! Only 3 people have sent pictures. I know Howdy's video is on the way, and I can get started on the video part. Thats what takes the longest amount of time. Right now, all I have in pictures are yours, TriZ Jim's, and Dads has emailed some and has let me know a bunch more are on the way.

I hope we get more than that!!!!

C'mon guys!! WE NEED PICTURES!!! Wake up Mik6! You had the biggest and best collection last year!

Billy Golightly
06-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Oops, I guess you did TimSr, didn't see it, sorry! I'll try to remind everyone to send in their information next time I do a site update, might not even hurt to do a forum wide announcement on it.

TimSr
07-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks Howdy!!! I got the video tape yesterday. I hope to start converting it to digital on Tuesday. Good thing youve sent it. Ive only got pictures from 4 people, and without the video I dont think we would even have enough for a CD!

3WheelsForever
07-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Howdy did you send Tim that cd of pics I gave you?

MIK6
07-08-2004, 04:55 PM
I have over 200 TF04 picts on my camera. Over 40 of the group pict, another 50 of camps, a ton of everyones ATVs, plus about 100 of the trails. I do not have a CD burner, and the guy that did it last year his computer just crashed. I WILL be sending you a CD as soon as I get access to a burner. Sorry this has taken me so long, been going thru a tuff time lately. My neice has a burner on her laptop (3 hours away) that is an option, plus I have a friend that does computer stuff at work. I'm not out yet!!! I will try to get the ball rolling this weekend.

SORRY ITS TAKING SO LONG
MIK6 / Mike

Howdy
07-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Howdy did you send Tim that cd of pics I gave you?

I haven't got it as of yet. So I didn't send them. Being is I now know where the CD was put I will try to get them to TimSr in the next day or 2. I think I have a couple group pictures to send also. I forgot all about them. ooops!!!
Howdy

TimSr
07-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey Mik6, Thanks for letting me know! You alwasy have greta stuff, and just as John is the official Trikefest Chef, you are certainly the Trikefest Photographer! Im suprised you dont have a CDR! They are standard equipment now, and they are cheap. Keep me posted, and Thanks.

Billy Golightly
07-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey TimSr,

Hows it coming along, get anymore submissions?

short4stuff
10-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey guys, is there going to be a CD this year.. I want a copy!

smokinp
10-30-2004, 01:52 PM
are the cds done?or is there any left?

renotrikeguy
10-30-2004, 02:05 PM
This might clear up a few things. I received this a few days ago from Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renotrikeguy
How do I go about ordering a copy of the TF03 cd?
I have a Paypal account but it's a credit card account. Mailing a money order should'nt be a problem. How much would this cost to ship to zip 89506?

Thanks in advance, Chris/Renotrikeguy

Hey Chris, the '03 ones were $12 which includes shipping via media mail. I dont have any on hand, but will be making some more up, as people have asked about getting them along with the 04 ones. The 04 project will be finshed this week, and I should be able to start selling them by the end of next week. I will be making up some 03 ones to have available at that time. I havent doen the math to figure out the 04 prices and combos yet, as they will most likely be a 2 CD set, and a VHS video. I will announce on the board when they are ready to ship, and the exact prices before the end of next week.
I take paypal to Leadboot@neo.rr.com, check, cash, or money order. If you just want an '03 right away, I can get you one made up.
TIM

TimSr
11-04-2004, 11:03 AM
I just got a huge collection of photos from Mik6. They are awesome, and almost double the amount of photos. Thanks Mike!

I believe the movie production is complete. Im trying to run a completed test rendering for final proofing. Ran into a few minor techincal issues, but I think I have them solved. I should have a completed proof of the movie file today. Ive ordered a whole bunch of video tapes, which should arrive in a few days. I will be making an announcement with all details and taking orders VERY shortly.

TimSr
11-15-2004, 01:26 PM
After running into time consuming technical issues with audio sync problems (2 hours per test -AAAGGGG!), I finally got everything figured out, and am currently producing everything now, and have even stockpiled some. Orders will be processses in the order they are received. See the announcement in the Trikfest forum for order information.

Howdy
01-08-2005, 09:26 PM
My Compliments to TimSr. I have held out watching the TF04 Video until our whole family could sit down to see it. Tonight we are all here and it's now playing. The kids are lov'in it!! I don't know where you come up with all sound bites. But they are Funny!!
Howdy