PDA

View Full Version : banshee problems

rddlsn8k316
07-26-2004, 10:46 PM
I have a friend that has a 99 banshee and it will idle fine but just as soon as you give it any gas at all it boggs and shuts off. I don't know much about banshees so any help would be appriciated. It has FMF gold series pipes on it, port and polished heads, and k&n filter. I have checked the filter to make sure it is clean and recharged & changed plugs also. Please help!!

firebird13601
07-27-2004, 07:05 PM
is the T.O.R.S. still hooked up on it? If so there is a good chance that is the problem.

rddlsn8k316
07-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Huh??? what is that????

hondaATCman
07-27-2004, 10:56 PM
If you didn't rejet the carb, that is your problem. When you add a pipe, K&N filter, and a true port and polish job, expect drastic jet size changes.

rddlsn8k316
07-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention it had been running with all the mods for over a year. He decided to clean the carbs Lol "because it had never been done". I told him he shouldn't have touched it "if it ain't broke don't fix it". When he finished "cleaning the carbs" it run fine around his yard. He loaded up to go ride and when he got there it would start and idle but as soon as you give it gas it "coughs". Another friend of mine has it now and has it tore down to nothing going thru cerbs and checking what he can. Any suggestions??

hondaATCman
07-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Ok, if it ran fine before the carbs were so called "cleaned" and it doesn't run right now, you can narrow it down to all of the fuel system. Make sure the carbs were put together correctly with the right settings, check for air leaks, make sure the carbs are calibrated in sync with each other, etc. BTW, I would think common sense would tell you that if the bike ran perfect with no carb problems at all, they don't need taken apart and cleaned. lol

firebird13601
07-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Throttle Override Switch =T.O.R.S the wires that come out of the throttle lever and the carb caps goto it and there should be a little black box that goes to it to, i belive the plug on the box is a 3 pin connector, unplug it and the ones to the throttle lever and the ones one the carb caps. If it still has all of this.

03 ORANGE SHEE
07-28-2004, 08:45 PM
i bet he put the slides in backwards,the cut out on the slidesgoes towards the aircleaner!

TeCaTe_MaN
07-29-2004, 01:51 AM
i bet he put the slides in backwards,the cut out on the slidesgoes towards the aircleaner!

wouldnt that hold it at full revs, it wouldnt idle it would be full throttle, of course i dont have a banshee so i could be wrong :(

03 ORANGE SHEE
07-29-2004, 05:32 PM
banshee slides are round,but at the back there is a cut out for air to flow through,and installing backwards makes them run like crap,i found out that years ago with my first one :(

rddlsn8k316
07-29-2004, 09:12 PM
How do you bypass the throttle overide switch? Does it give any performance gain? The carbs have been jetted to run with the mods above.

03 ORANGE SHEE
07-29-2004, 09:14 PM
all you do is unplug the black box to the left of the coil