PDA

View Full Version : Today is my lucky day i have a 1980 atc 185 3 wheeler brochure free

timex69
07-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Hello
This is how it all started. 1 day i was browsing ebay and seen a guy selling a brochue for a 1980 honda 185 3 wheeler so i emailed him asking if he would ship it to canada if i payed teh difference, 3 days after the auction ends and i get outbid i get an email back saying thanks i wont hte bid and your item was shipped today. I never sent the guy any money at all and he didnt seem to notice. I think i should send him some money n be an honest person even if he did sell it to the wrong person. What do you all think?

alex

TimSr
07-27-2004, 04:53 PM
I cant believe you have to ask. If it were you who had mistakenly shipped something to the wrong person, what would you want them to do?

timex69
07-27-2004, 05:30 PM
I cant believe you have to ask. If it were you who had mistakenly shipped something to the wrong person, what would you want them to do?

jesus man how come whenever i post something someone always jumps down my throat. i was asking what you all think. i know some people would say its yer mistake..u shoula looked twice, i understand accidents happen but it dont always work like that. You seem like a smart guy timsr...and i hope you know the world isnt the most honest place. i emailed the guy and said theirs some mistake it seems your item has been mailed to the wrong person.

jeswinehart
07-27-2004, 07:39 PM
i think all that have delt with me would know what i'd do.
and for those of you that haven't ,,, if i was to get a item that was mis-shipped ,,, i would ask where it is supposed to go to and mail it to the correct party ( yes ,,, if it was over a couple of bucks to ship it out i'd ask for reimburstment if it wasn't to a board member ).

it's all about your character + style so you gotta decide .

john

timex69
07-27-2004, 09:04 PM
ofcorse id ship it but i emialed the guy about his mistake and he called the post office n told them not to ship it...luckily he missed the mail truck and it wouldnt have left till tomorrow morning. im not gonna rip no 1 off i just wanted to see what people would say...if your bank ****ed up and u got $20 into your account would you say anything?..i know some people wouldnt

jeswinehart
07-28-2004, 06:58 AM
so it's a nice brochure ( spelling ? ) ,,,, i been thinking on getting one for my humble collection of x things.

john

Howdy
07-28-2004, 07:59 AM
if your bank ****ed up and u got $20 into your account would you say anything?..i know some people wouldnt

Your right, Some people wouldn't say anything. But a lot of people would. I know I would in a heart beat.

Howdy

TimSr
07-28-2004, 02:14 PM
jesus man how come whenever i post something someone always jumps down my throat. i was asking what you all think. i know some people would say its yer mistake..u shoula looked twice, i understand accidents happen but it dont always work like that. You seem like a smart guy timsr...and i hope you know the world isnt the most honest place. I emailed the guy and said theirs some mistake it seems your item has been mailed to the wrong person.

Im sorry if that offended you, and Im glad you will do the right thing. If you reread your post objectively, to someone who does not know you personally, it looked like you were going to base a moral decision on the opinions of others, without reguards to what you knew to be right or wrong. I know the world is not an honest place. The fact that it has more than its share of thieves running about doesnt make me any less disgusted with them. I assume this came from an individual, not a bank, or a utility, or a govt, or somebody else you could rationalize as having ripped you off in the past. Its just some guy trying to sell his personal property. I cant understand how anyone would even have to think about that one, and your post led me to believe you were considering keeping the propery he was hoping to get some money for. Id have found that disgusting. Thats what the post looked like. Sorry I took it that way.

sandman19802003
09-15-2006, 12:08 PM
i would keep it . lol . if they notice they will find it if they dont owell.

atctim
09-15-2006, 02:54 PM

I think as you get older your opinions will change......just wait till you are the one on the losing side and see how it feels - When I was younger, I may have said the same thing you did, but as you age, your moral standpoint changes along with alot of other things. So it is safe to assume that with your comment that we (the GOOD folks here at 3WW) should not trust you.

Howdy
09-16-2006, 07:04 AM

If you check the date you will Notice the posting is 2 years old. :rolleyes:
Howdy

ATC-Eric
09-16-2006, 02:07 PM

You pulled up a two year old post just to make yourself look bad :rolleyes:

Jim mac
09-17-2006, 02:04 AM
So what do a owners manual sell for?