PDA

View Full Version : I'm in violation of FL law while driving my truck?!?!

Billy Golightly
07-28-2004, 09:24 AM
http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news37/index.html

This is fricken insane, I never heard one damn thing from the dealership where I bought my Dodge from. I'm gonna talk to some FHP this afternoon and find out if its actually for real, what a bunch of fricken crap.

ejc042
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
That has to be one of the most retarded things I have ever heard. I used to live in FL and had never heard of this, and I used to drive my buddies F-350 Super Duty with my class E license.

trikerider2oo7
07-28-2004, 10:41 AM
omg...what will the government think of next? these laws are getting out of hand

TrikeKid
07-28-2004, 10:46 AM
the screwed up thing is you need a special license to drive your truck yet people in toter-homes with gigantic fithwheel trailers dont need a truck drivers license even though they are nearly as big and just as heavy same for big motor homes.

ATC crazy
07-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Billy....that just Bullshit if ya ask me. How can the government do this to us.....seems to me they are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us. I could see the Class D if someone were to but a F-450-F750....but not a dang 250 or 350.

If it were me...Id say screw them and drive it anyways. (those bastards)

threewheelin-feelin
07-28-2004, 11:55 AM
thats bull trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and yes atc-crazy they are trying to get ever penny out of us. we have a very mest up goverment id love to know were all the money gos other then in there pockets and stupid road work lmao. thats very gay billy that guy needs to fight it.

Billy Golightly
07-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I agree with you guys, I've never heard of such bullshit before. So I called my dealership where I bought the truck from this morning and had them look up the weight of it, turns out its only about 6300lbs which is way under it. Infact I'm wondering how a truck can weigh 8k from the factory? I guess if you get a 4 door long bed F350 dually with 4 wheel drive and a diesel engine its possible, but then that law would only apply to certain configurations. Still a bunch of bullshit.

threewheelin-feelin
07-28-2004, 11:58 AM
how the f*** could a f250 weigh that then? haha how the f*** did the cop know the truck was over the wieght limmit hahahah. what a bunch of bull trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro

200xer
07-28-2004, 04:58 PM
It says gross vehicle weight rating, so I think it means how much the truck is rated to weigh when fully loaded (truck weight + cargo).

Wickedfinger
07-28-2004, 05:02 PM
That has to be one of the most retarded things I have ever heard

I second that.

Billy Golightly
07-28-2004, 05:20 PM
It says gross vehicle weight rating, so I think it means how much the truck is rated to weigh when fully loaded (truck weight + cargo).

Whoa I didn't notice that, trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! In that case I AM over, my GVWR is 9900lbs....

bigred110
07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
200xer is correct.

Read the last paragraph.

State law requires a driver of a pickup with a gross vehicle weight rating exceeding 8,000 pounds to have a class D driver's license. Most motorists, including Bink, only possess a class E license, the certification for passenger vehicle drivers.

2strokepwer
07-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Damn, i thought Mississippi had some gay laws. That beats anything i have ever heard.

deathman53
07-28-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm glad the nazi state of jersey doens't have that dumb law, I drive a truck that weighs 6 tons, before all the crap in it and usually towing a trencher, I'm at over 7 tons. Well, jersey does have a new bumb law: you have to yeild for an type of public transportation bus, $200 fine, so now the buses can legally cut you off. I can see why the law was made 13 years ago, what type of people drove pickups back then???? farmers, contractors, but now with suv's over that weight its just dumb and why not the suv's, it would really put a stop on their sale, again its all about money.