PDA

View Full Version : got a new scud

Trikeaholic
07-29-2004, 11:18 PM
oh ya, been wanting one of these for a while. got a great deal, but the dam thing was (is) completley filthy dirty. so far, we have spent 5 hours cleaning the interior, and it looks like it needs new window treatments and possibly new upholstery on the dinette and chair. This is a super trikefest scud, generator, AC, built in awning (no more climbing on a big red to put the awning up!) pics will be up this weekend. I love it!

YTZ250#1
07-29-2004, 11:40 PM
That sounds like a rich mans ride.I'll have to make my reservations early to ride with you and the freaks.There are a few of my friends and myself that are thinking of renting a motor home for next year,But they will most lickly puss out like they did this year.

jeswinehart
07-30-2004, 06:28 AM
how did you do on the old one ??? i think i remember you telling me what you had got it for ,,, make a few bucks on it holic ???

john

TrikeKid
07-30-2004, 03:58 PM
whats a scud?

Trikeaholic
07-30-2004, 06:44 PM
a scud is a motorhome. Im not sure i will allow the freaks in this one! LOL I think the wife and lil holic are coming to 'fest next year, but the rig seats 7, sleeps 6 as long as you double up. coming back from philly, I got mabey 8 MPG, but that was with 2 year old gas as it had been sitting for 2 years, but it ran great, cruise works, still need the water heater and furnace serviced.

Trikeaholic
07-30-2004, 06:45 PM
my original scud is still here, john, I have a fellow coming to look at it tomorrow.

YTZ250#1
07-30-2004, 07:26 PM
What are you looking to get out of it?Or would ya rather not sell it to a friend?LOL

Trikeaholic
07-30-2004, 09:58 PM
$4000 but for you, $3500 like I said there is a guy coming tomorrow, so give me a call, still got my ##??

Dynofox
07-31-2004, 12:04 PM
Got any pics of the new ride holic?? Got any plans for tomorrow (Aug 1st)? A few of us are going to Rocky Roost so if your not busy stop by and join us for some riding.

YTZ250#1
07-31-2004, 01:26 PM
Holic,I wish I had the cash,but I'm trying to sell everything I own to buy a new house.

350x'inNY
07-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Don't forget about me!!! I've been "investing for TF05" too Holic!!!

I'm tripply ready for trikefest next year! Got Old School 'R' competition and the -Go-Go- Girl is running like a dream thanks to MR_ATC's stock crate motor cam and rockers in it! The Showgirl's getting a OEM "crate" axle with all new fittings/sprocket/rotor/hubs. My extra summer work $$$ has gone directly into the ATC's! Also got myself some custom HONDA ATC banners being made up as we speak too.... HRC Racing, Team ATC, and "Warning: I drive on 3 wheels!" Oh yeah.. couple Dust Runner R/C's for remote control 250R action too!

Bruce

mywifeknowseverything
08-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Good deal Holic.....Is it an Upgrade??? Pics!!!

motoman1012002
08-03-2004, 11:33 AM
sounds good to me i bet its nice

Trikeaholic
08-08-2004, 07:18 PM
scud update, its a larger, newer and improved version of the old one. Right now, we are doing some re-upholstery work, I put in a column mount tach, and a "gadget" manifold vaccum fuel saver guage, just for fun. The wifes mother is making new curtains and finished the upper bunk and its enclosure today, we did the valances last night,and have one more to go tonite, when the baby finally goes to sleep. It needed some work, lights here and there, bulbs, major cleaning, new awning fabric, basically just stuff that got neglected, but on the positive, its only got 45K on it, and cost the equivilant of $100,000 new. I still have to put in the 12 disc changer, amp and speakers and finish the window coverings, put on the new awning fabric, new SS wheel simulators and its pretty much done, next spring is carpet and some kind of interior lighting-kinda goin custom on it. I will get some pics up soon. I dont know if I mentioned the book value--over $15,000 and I got it for $4000. Got real lucky and did not screw the guy by any means. It was one of those "hey i got my money out of it, just want it gone" deals. Oh yea, I sold the original scud 2 days after I got home with this one for $3800, had about $4500 in it, but used it for 3 good years, 3 trikefests, Six flags, Boston, The Blue Heron music festival, Cayuga lake, St. Lawrence seaway, and misc small weekend trips. Id say I got my $700 use out of it for sure.

mymint87
08-13-2004, 09:17 AM
well, well, well....

upgraded from scud to ?

are we talking laser guided?..or does it come equiped with radar :D :D

i believe the new scud will pay for itself the first time your able to go on a FAMILY outting..

priceless moments those family outtings

One tip if I may, this is coming from a guy who applies chemicals for a living

"Penatrol" is a product made by a company called "Flood"...it will restore the shine on any scud or boat

a quart will do an average 24ft. scud twice

simply make sure (VERY IMPORTANT) the surface is clean. Your actually applying a membrane surface so if there is any dirt, you'll lock it in the finish (stay away from and rubber as it ativates/melts it) and apply it with a lint free cotton rag wiping it on as if it were furniture polish or such

the shine (in most cases) lasts about 4 to 6 months

oh ya, and dont really worry about it being a uniform finish. it will slowly fade to become uniform and by then its time for another application

Most paint stores carry it or you can find it at your nearest "Home Desperate" store