PDA

View Full Version : My 350X was just stolen today!

12-31-2002, 03:24 AM
*Edited by Wickedfinger in order to remove the sticky that had been here since December* (from "Tim") My 350X was just stolen today! Please, if anyone in South Shore Massachussetts or in New England comes across a 1985 ATC 350X with a 1986 350X motor in it please kick the everliving trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of him. That bike was my baby and I have spent about $4000 puting stuff into it over a period of three years. Let me describe it. It is a 1985 Honda ATC 350X with a 1986 Honda ATC 350X motor in it. It has a white Gas tank with a big dent on the left side of the tank. It has red fenders with a orange 88 envormental sticker on the left side of the rear fender. It has a brand new Suppertrapp exhaust and a new DG rear grab bar. It has super scoop maier air scoops. It has a black headlight guard and a chrome brake resivoir guard. It has supertrapp stickers on each air scoop and on the side of the tool box. I also has a K and N airfilter sticker on the laft air scoop. So please if anyone in South Shore Massachussetts or in New England comes across a 1985 ATC 350X with a 1986 350X motor in it with the description above please kick the everliving trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of him and call the police. Thank you Tim

Kilborg
12-31-2002, 03:56 AM
Sorry to hear it. I had some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro swiped from me too recently. Report it to the cops and start looking around.

ATCRYDER
12-31-2002, 04:04 AM
im very sorry to hear about that~~~~>absolutely go report it!! and keep checking the local swap rags to see if the assh0les are stupid enough to jsut resell!!!

Timbo1
12-31-2002, 05:13 AM
thats horrible...hate to hear hope the cops are better there than here in ms. had some freinds in tupelo ms tell me over 50 bikes were stolen, in there area, including theres in one day!

Timbo1
12-31-2002, 05:14 AM
go here to report stolen trikes.... http://www.3wheeler.org/stolen.html

trikefreak
12-31-2002, 05:39 AM
scumbags

Howdy
12-31-2002, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear that. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

I know just how you feel. I had 2 machines stolen in June of 2002. There is a good chance you know the thief (s ). Take a look at who al knew you had it, where it was kept and such. I did this and was able to narrow it down to a couple people. I put the word out thru friends that I would go after anyone that knew about the theif and didn't tell me. It took a while but after twisting a few arms I did catch the crooks. I didn't get my wheelers back though. They sold them and we could track them down ( yet ).

Howdy

P.S. I sticky'd this message to stay on top for a while as a reminder to keep our eyes open. ;)

TimSr
12-31-2002, 02:13 PM
I had the same thing happen to me, but I was able to recover mine, though badly damaged.

First, dont wait for the police to solve the crime. It rarely happens and very little, if any investigation is done. Most of these crimes are local jobs, and usually a wide circle of people around the culprits know about it, but wont report what they know without some incentive. When mine was stolen, I posted a flier with pictures on phone poles all over the neighborhood with huge lettering saying "$500 Reward" for info leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. It amazing how many low lifes are willing to rat out their buddies for $500! I was probably more interested in prosecution than recovery at that point. Anyways, a couple of guys knew who stole it, reported it to both the police and me. Though I paid out the reward, Im now in the process of trying to recover both the reward and damages in small claims court. I know the police officer who handled this case, and the arrest, and he told me that its unlikely anyone would have been caught or a recovery made without my having posted the reward.

12-31-2002, 02:50 PM
If any of you guys are buying a 350X, check the VIN numbers. The ones on the trike that was stolen from me was JHSTE0808FM017CS6.

Thanks Tim

Yamahafan
12-31-2002, 08:38 PM
What a DRAG!!!!!!! :evil: Good luck. I hope you can get it back in one piece. I'd flip if someone stole my toys! I hate people that steal trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!!!

Dirtcrasher
01-01-2003, 11:32 AM
I live in Middleborough MA and ride power lines to Cape Cod. Where are you located? I will look for your trike if I'm in the area. Sorry to hear some piece o trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro took it. I lock all my toys individually in an alarmed garage with an uncuttable lock. But if somebody wants it bad enough, they'll get it!! I like the local flier idea, sounds like it could work but don't forget to put it where the type of person who may have took it will hang out.

Dirtcrasher
01-01-2003, 11:54 AM
I forgot to ask, how did they get it??

01-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Well they tried to jam a screw driver in my friends Z 400 and 400EX and they also tried to hot wire my other friends 400EX. I usually take that CDI unit when im gone for a week or 2 but I was gonna go riding every day that week so I didnt bother and the next day it was gone. Im live in Abington MA but I left it over my friends House in Middleborro MA. Im located on plympton Street in Middleborro MA. We ride all around there. I believe they rode it down the street and picked it up with a truck. One witness sayed he say a 18-22 years old kid running down the street after he heard my bike start and take off.

01-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Dirtcrasher do you have an email address? so I can keep in contact with you since your local?

01-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Here is the description again. The frame VIN:JHSTE0808FM017CS6.
The engine ID:TEOHE-5004178
It is a 1985 ATC 350X with a 1986 motor
It Has red fenders that are stock, Maier super air scoops that are red.
It has a black headlight guard and a chrome brake resivoir guard.
It has an 1988 orange EPA sticker on the left side of the rear fender.
It has a DG alluminim aftermarket grab bar.
It has a really really loud, brand new Supertrapp exhaust with a supertrapp exhaust sticker on each air scoop and one on the tool box.
It says 350X on the seat.
It as or had a EPA plate on it if the thiefs didnt rip it off which is located on the rear mud flap on the left side. There are 2 holes drilled onto the rear fender where the plate it held on by zip ties.
The plate is yellow and I cant remember the 4 numbers but it has the letters RM on it.
The plate registers a different frame VIN:JH3TE080EFM004432 because it is from my old twidted 350X frame but the Engine ID:TEOHE-5004178 is still the same.I didnt have a chance to reregister it with the new frame.
My registration papers are or were in the air box so if you find a bike like mine dont believe them if they say its theirs of they are borrowing it.
It has a K and N air filter and a K and N airfilter sticker on the left air scoop.
It has blue fork boots.
It has a white tank with a big dent on the left side of it.
Im the only one that rides it and I always wear a Red,silver, and black helmet with Yellow tinted goggles. I have brown eyes and brown hair. I always have a shaved head and Im 19 years old. Im 5ft 5in. and weigh 150lbs.Im skinny.
This bike was a 3 year project and I just finnished it. It costed me about $3000 to restore. It is my baby.
THERE IS A REWARD FOR THE PERSON THAT FINDS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading sincerely, Tim Murray BuffaloBill5@AOL.com

01-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Here is the description again. The frame VIN:JHSTE0808FM017CS6.
The engine ID:TEOHE-5004178
It is a 1985 ATC 350X with a 1986 motor
It Has red fenders that are stock, Maier super air scoops that are red.
It has a black headlight guard and a chrome brake resivoir guard.
It has an 1988 orange EPA sticker on the left side of the rear fender.
It has a DG alluminim aftermarket grab bar.
It has a really really loud, brand new Supertrapp exhaust with a supertrapp exhaust sticker on each air scoop and one on the tool box.
It says 350X on the seat.
It as or had a EPA plate on it if the thiefs didnt rip it off which is located on the rear mud flap on the left side. There are 2 holes drilled onto the rear fender where the plate it held on by zip ties.
The plate is yellow and I cant remember the 4 numbers but it has the letters RM on it.
The plate registers a different frame VIN:JH3TE080EFM004432 because it is from my old twidted 350X frame but the Engine ID:TEOHE-5004178 is still the same.I didnt have a chance to reregister it with the new frame.
My registration papers are or were in the air box so if you find a bike like mine dont believe them if they say its theirs of they are borrowing it.
It has a K and N air filter and a K and N airfilter sticker on the left air scoop.
It has blue fork boots.
It has a white tank with a big dent on the left side of it.
Im the only one that rides it and I always wear a Red,silver, and black helmet with Yellow tinted goggles. I have brown eyes and brown hair. I always have a shaved head and Im 19 years old. Im 5ft 5in. and weigh 150lbs.Im skinny.
This bike was a 3 year project and I just finnished it. It costed me about $3000 to restore. It is my baby.
THERE IS A REWARD FOR THE PERSON THAT FINDS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading sincerely, Tim Murray BuffaloBill5@AOL.com

Dirtcrasher
01-01-2003, 06:38 PM
I will tell ALL I know of the theft! I will look for the trike, I will beat anyone I find on the trike. There are limited pits left in this area, I cannot believe you were that close to me!!!!!! We and you need to check on SAT and SUN all the local pits and areas. We need to discuss where they are as you may know some I do not. The culprit should slip up and be seen riding it or in a truck. ASThomas @TMLP.com

01-02-2003, 01:37 AM
I will be posting fliers up soon near local riding areas and hangouts.

rd200x
01-03-2003, 11:07 PM
I ride out here in the New Bedford area. I will look out for it. Check the want ads to see if the douce bag is trying to sell it.

01-04-2003, 01:44 AM
I will now checking the want ads and Ebay for anyone selling 350X parts in Massachussetts every day.

TRI Z Racer
01-04-2003, 02:24 AM
i live in central New hampshire, ill keep an eye in the papers. you might want to check out uncle henry's weekly sell it or swap guide, it always lots of atc's in there. sorry to hear about that. like ill said ill keep my eyes peeled

01-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Well, im going hunting this weekand for ATC 350X thiefs!

ATC crazy
01-12-2003, 01:48 PM
My uncle had a dirtbike stolen from him and it turns out his x-girlfriend's new boyfriend took it. My uncle shot him in the foot and rode it home. I really hope you get it back in one piece. Id stop anyone who had a 350x to check the VIN #'s because chances are that they might've changed the plastic and other stuff and are riding it around.

86350X
01-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Hey did you find it yet???? I am on the south shore also, right next to brockton, I will be looking for it too,,,,,,,, I'm gonna have to go get a bigger lock and chain,lol,,,,,,, good luck

JourneyMan
01-26-2003, 03:49 AM
I still havent found it yet! Now that the weather is gonna be getting a little warmer I will be riding alot more. I have only riden once since it was stolen.

JourneyMan
01-26-2003, 03:52 AM
Journeyman is my new board name. I figured Tim was just to plain. Also if anyone has any infomation on my 350X please Email me at Buffalobill5@aol.com . Thanks Tim

wanting200x250r
01-27-2003, 11:38 PM
that sucks i know exactly how you feel my girlfriends dad had a cr 600 dirt bike stolen a month and a half ago. good luck getting it back :evil:

JourneyMan
02-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Well, I called the Massachussetts EPA and reported it stolen. I have just one question. If the thief has it and gets it impounded in another town, would the cops be able to check the VIN's and see if it was stolen? Or if it somehow ends up in another state and gets impounded or someone runs the VIN's would they be able to know if it was stolen? What im trying to say is if the VIN's and Engine #'s are entered are they in a nation wide database?

Truckster
02-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Well, I called the Massachussetts EPA and reported it stolen.

Can I ask why you waited from 12/31 to now to report it?

Sometimes there are good outcomes on theft..

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25347

Read this and keep ya chin up.

JourneyMan
02-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Well, I reported it the day it was stolen to the police then about 4 weeks later I got a call from the Mass EPA saying the VIN's didnt match up to any registrations then thats when I called to correct everything. So thats what happened.

olderthandirt
02-08-2003, 11:37 AM
:evil: tim, i live in maryland, and last month the police caught 2 of possibly morepeople that are involved in breaking and entering to steal mechandise,they were from ohio and pa,the rental ryder truck was from conn,they only took certain 3 wheelers,the newspaper said the FBI was heading the investigation,because it crossed state lines, and they think this thing involves the whole northeast as interstate 95 and 70 are great for traveling to the major states,the 2 jerks were caught as they were sleeping in the van in a local motorcyle dealership parking lot,the cops think they caught them right before they were going to hit the bike shop.
get as much info out about your rides as possible,any VIN's we'll pass it along to my freinds who ride,and maybe ww'll catch these trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

JourneyMan
02-09-2003, 02:59 AM
1985 Honda ATC 350X VIN#JHSTE0808FM017CS6
1086 Honda ATC 350X motor ID #TEOHE-5004178
and thanks everyone for helping me in the process to recover my 350X

Coty
02-10-2003, 11:48 PM
i understand that he is your friend but maybe you should snoop around on him, and try to sneak up on him somewhere when you ain't with him. cause we had some FRIENDS break into their friends house and steal stuff from him. DTA.....don't trust anybody.

3wheeledwonder
02-12-2003, 02:29 AM
man you gotta contact Dirt Cycle Salvage in Hopedale MA. they are basicaly a chop shop for any offroad vehicle! it is the the number 1 place a person woul go to get money for stolen ATV's. this place does not care about title, or anything, they just take the trike, give money and send u on your way. Im located in MA aswell and ive seen many people have there stuff stolen an then id see the stripped remains of it in this warehouse of parts. hope this helps u out bro! its a shame there are people like this out there that would rather steal things to get money, rather than get a job like a normal human!

JourneyMan
03-31-2003, 05:10 AM
After a couple of months of investigating I have narrowed down the areas my 350X might be :idea: It could be in the Lakeville, Bridgewater, Taunton area or the one area Id really like to investigate, the cape cod area in MA, exspecially around the town of Mashpee. The reason for this is because I found out one of the kids I go riding with sometimes stole some bikes from a kid in Mashpee about a month before mine got stolen and then decided to move in with one of my friends across the street from where me and all my friends hang out. Basically he was hiding because I found out the kid tracked him down a while ago and was lookinig for him. I have no idea what the kid from Mashpee looks like or if he really did steal my trike :evil: but who ever did steal it, it was a planned out operation. They rode my trike down the street to hide the tracks because of the snow and drove it down someones driveway that was plowed and through their backyard down past the powerlines to a dirt road where the tracks just stopped and truck marks were there. The theft almost seemed like a retalliation on the kid that stole his bike. So again, please if any sees my trike please email me. There is a reward.

kyle
04-05-2003, 06:46 PM
i also had a 3 wheeler stolen once. i live in the same town as timsr and he had one stollen, i dont think i know him but this is a very small town so i very well may. but mine was stollen out of my back yard about 2 years ago, it was a mint cond. 1985 Honda 200s. but i really agree with not waiting for the cops to solve it ( but DO report it! ) mine was never recovered, at the time it was like losing a member of the family. so best of luck to you man.

J.D.
04-08-2003, 06:38 PM
JourneyMan, if and when you find this punk, cut off his balls and shove them down his throat for me, I hate thieves :evil:

JourneyMan
04-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Well, I dont think I'd cut his balls off. I would do a varaity of this to him. First I bould clamp vice grips on his balls! Then I would put aircraft paint stripper on his d1ck! Then after that I would wedge little hot flathead screwdrivers up each of his townails and fingernails. And thats just for starters. I can't say the other things I would do to him (too graphic)

Dirtcrasher
04-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah it sucks, but thats why you need to keep it close to you, lock it up real good and never trust anyone except yourself.
Lock it, alarm it and disable it - thats all you can do.

J.D.
04-09-2003, 12:05 AM
That sounds about right JM.

250r83
04-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Hey, I'm from southern new hampshire. I think a great way to find your wheeler is to advertise in the local publications like Want-AD or Uncle henry's or even on www.wokq.com saying that you are looking to buy a 350x. Then you can hope they are dumb enough to try and sell it or the parts. I'm sure you know what all the parts look like because each wheeler has some type of unique dings or damage and you could identify. I ride a lot around the trails up here and I will keep an eye out for you. I will re read your posts so I can match up any 350x's that I see. Post your e-mail so I can let you know if I see anything. Also, check the scumbags in your neighborhood, you usually know who they are, no money but always want what you got. Usually it is someone that you know that targets you, they usually know what you drive so they know when you are not home and swipe your machine.

Scott

JourneyMan
05-24-2003, 04:09 AM
Well I just found out that 2 of my friends 4 wheelers were just stolen from the same place. These are the same 4 wheelers that were almost stolen the night my trike was stolen. One was a Yellow 2002 Honda 400ex and the other one was a Yellow 2003 Suzuki LTZ 400. I have no clue who stole them but im willing to bet it was the same thiefs that stole my 350X! So riders in South shore mass, around the Middleboro area, please be on the lookout. The 2 quads both have white brothers e series pipes. The 400ex has chrome handle bars and has aftermarket skid plates. The Z400 has an aftermarket DG front bumper and the key is hacked from the previous theft attempt. Any info please email me at Buffalobill5@aol.com

Thanks Tim

Howdy
05-24-2003, 04:29 AM
damm, that bites. I hope they nail the thieves.

Howdy

lushatc200x
05-24-2003, 10:07 AM
here is what you do to catch them.do this and ill gaurantee you will get the pricks. get another bike 3 wheeler 4wheeler whatever. sit it out in your yard each day for bout an hour or so and watch it. see if anyone looks at it in a way that says thief. repeat this everyday and one day just let it sit out at night for a while while you watch it. and if they want it they will come.we did a bike thief like this one time.

JourneyMan
05-26-2003, 12:14 AM
We think we know who it is. The only thing is we cant prove it and he denies it. He has been a friend of the owners of the quads for a couple of years. He is a sneaky kid. He really lives in the Cape cod in the town of mashpee. But he stays in middleboro and is a room mate with a couple of kids he knows. Chances are he had his friends steal them because he has stolen bikes before from other people.

yamaha200E
05-30-2003, 10:25 AM
just hope they dont do like they did to my friends 400ex and blaster they cut the fenders badly and spray painted it! stripped it and they had to find all the parts it took bout 2 years to find them so good look and ill keep eye out. kyle

atc250r
06-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey Journey Man,

What is the kids name? I live in Sandwich and I usually know anyone that has a 3 wheeler down here on the Cape. I just started riding again and if I see anyone out in the local pits with the bikes you are describing I will let you know.

I will pass the word around to my friends also.

My email is kxt250@hotmail.com

honda450ex
06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey man i'm over here in boston and my friend came over with a bike with the same description that u gave. He said that he bought it off one of his friends but hes always broke so im sure it was stolen. but i got some bad news, he was out ridin this mornin and wrecked that dern thing into a tree and its totaled. hes now at boston general hospital. sorry bro

JourneyMan
07-01-2003, 01:29 AM
honda450ex, is there anyway you could send me some pictures of the bike?

Billy Golightly
07-01-2003, 09:17 AM
JourneyMan,

I hate to bust your bubble, but this Honda 450ex is the same trouble maker thats been on the board for the last month or so now starting stuff. I'm afraid he made the post just to get attention, but if you'd like to email him PM me for his email. I doubt he'll respond but its worth a try to find a stolen bike I guess.

Meat-BoX
07-17-2003, 02:30 PM
I had a wheeler stolen back in the day, and as it figured it was some1 I kind of knew. I spyed his ass and noticed this allmost stripped wheeler in the shed. After a midnight recon I found out it was mine but was beyond fixing, as parts were missing and stuff. I let him keep the wheeler. On one condition , myself and three of my friends I knew I could trust threw a blanket party for this fool. I got my money's worth by putting that fool in the hospital for a little over a week. Now im not saying do that, but I was hard when I was young and thats how we did things then. Cops are about worthless, they dont care unless your wheeler falls into their laps. Keep up the recon and if you find the people get a blanket,some good friends,dont say a word and start jollystompin. No id no case.
http://www.chthonicindustries.com/~hempwrks/images/MeaT_tag.gif