PDA

View Full Version : 400 Honda

350Xrider
12-31-2002, 06:09 AM
I have a 400 honda foreman and it backfires loud as hell all the time and seems to run a little rich, every one of these bikes i have seen does this. Anyone here have one of these that does this? thanks

ATCRYDER
12-31-2002, 03:10 PM
If something is backfiring, its your carb that is the culprit.

My Buddy has the 350 version and it backfires, sputters at times and what not..........but I just figured: hey its old and its a Honda.....its not expected to run.

However, I know about 4 People with 450es/s''s are none of them have backfiring problems......that appears to be a Honda problem that comes with age and isnt expected always.

Maybe Honda needs to be mroe choosy with its jetting specs of choice of Carb manufactuer?

Good luck,
Rob

ATC crazy
12-31-2002, 04:45 PM
Easy on the Honda's ATCRYDER ;) I think its just a jetting problem. My sx backfired continually the first week I owned it and a jetting change solved the problem. You even said it ran a little rich, thats probably why although im not sure. :?

200xer
12-31-2002, 06:53 PM
A dirty airfilter can cause a rich condition, might be a good idea to clean/change it. If not I would clean the carb out, reset it to stock settings, and if it still backfires, then play with the jets.