PDA

View Full Version : Rider falls from cliff at my local riding spot ......

Wickedfinger
08-02-2004, 01:31 PM
This won't help my riding area one bit. Not that its cool anyone got hurt at all but - thankfully they weren't on an ATV.

Motorcyclist falls from cliff
Bucks County Courier Times

Lower Southampton - A teenage motorcyclist from Palm Bay, Fla., fell off a 50-foot cliff along the Norfolk railroad lines in Playwicki Park Sunday afternoon.

The teen, whom police did not identify, was riding in the park near Langhorne Avenue with his uncle when he fell from the cycle and down the cliff, police said.

Penndel Fire Chief Sam Simon said rescuers needed ropes and rigging to lift the teen out of the ravine. Simon said brush and shrubbery had to be cleared for rescuers to reach the victim.

Police said the youth suffered serious injuries. He was flown by PennStar helicopter to an area hospital.

The Northampton, Parkland and Penndel fire companies responded, along with Northampton and Lower Southampton police and the Penndel-Middletown Rescue Squad.

The area of the park where the teen was injured lies in an area of heavy undergrowth bordering Lower Southampton, Northampton and Middletown.

trikerider2oo7
08-02-2004, 01:58 PM
is he going to be alright?

Jeb
08-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Not good news.

Hey Wicked, you live anywhere near where they filmed the movie "Signs" ??? (if they really filmed it in the correct place.)

I know the film starts out saying they are in Bucks County, Penn. 45 miles from Philly.

Wickedfinger
08-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I actually live on the outskirts of the town of Newtown ... which is where they filmed most of it. My pharmacy is in the film (in Morrisville) and the book store and street scenes were filmed in Doylestown which is the next town over.