PDA

View Full Version : Got some seat time in on the KFX-400

Jeb
12-31-2002, 01:08 PM
My buddy got one for christmas. All I can say is wow! I like the way it handles and runs. I didn't get to ride it allot but I was impressed with how easily it pulls the front end off the ground. It's very smooth and it feels really light to me. It sure felt allot faster than the last 400ex I rode. which was stock but so is the KFX.

I look forward to pitting it against the 86 Tecate and 85 Tri-Z. And I hope to add one to my collection in the near future. :-D

ATCRYDER
12-31-2002, 03:07 PM
Thats good news, I have yet to do more than sit on one basically :-D
...Cant expect it to give the 86 T3 a run for its money though!!

Jeb
01-02-2003, 11:33 AM
When I rode my buddies KFX, another guy riding had a white suzuki z400. I didn't ride it but I bet it's really similar. :-D I'm so glad some other Hi-Per sport quads are hitting the market again, even if they are 4 stroke.

I predict drag race results to be rider dependent. If the Tecate looses in drag races it's because the 400 is easier to ride. It pulls hard right off the line. the Tecate is some-what meek off the line but then proceeds to rip your b@lls off and hand them to you in the midrange and then revs out 4-ever. The two stroke 250 is definitely quicker. Top speed I'm sure the 400 is higher. Tracks and Trails are too rider dependent to call one way or the other though the 400 motor is better suited for trails. It'll be fun, hopefully this weekend we can get 'em together. Tri-Z is ready for battle too. :-D

rd200x
01-05-2003, 12:39 PM
The Suzuki and Kawi are identical. They are BOTH actually made by Suzuki. They signed some crappy product sharing agreement where they will both sell the same products (under their own name). Suzuki did the quad and Kawasaki is doing a dirtbike. It's all in this months issue of Dirt Wheels