PDA

View Full Version : 02 GMC half ton opinions needed

x.system
08-04-2004, 08:13 PM
I have been looking at trucks for a few months now and I think I have found one that I could get used to. Anyone own one of these and are there any problems I should be looking for with this model? Its an 02 gmc sierra z71 extended cab short box, power everything. The only thing it doesn't have is leather I believe. Its got the 5.3 v8 with about 40,000. I don't know if I really care for the push button four wheel drive but I rarely use 4x anyway. Its got larger tires and aftermarket wheels which I really don't like so those will be the first to go if I do buy it. Anyone got a subscription to carfax, I went to check the vin and found out you get the scan for free but to see it you have to pay, Imagine that :rolleyes:

markdb420
08-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Decent truck for a GM model, know people that have them and like them, just not much low end grunt for pulling and stuff, and the rattling plastic (typical of most GM trucks). Decent relatively problem free truck.

Dan Tenn
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I have an 02 2500HD, with the 6.0L. Just as you described (everything but leather). The push button 4wd is nice. Great truck, shitty mileage. Its not the smoothest ride, but the 1500 should be much better and have better mileage. The only problem Ive had is the door seals have leaked air (noisy).

x.system
08-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Decent truck for a GM model, know people that have them and like them, just not much low end grunt for pulling and stuff, and the rattling plastic (typical of most GM trucks). Decent relatively problem free truck.

That rattling plastic is a pet peave of mine, I had an older chevy that had rattles and I spent alot of time chasing them down. I own a grand cherokee now with over 200,000 and that thing doesn't even have one little rattle, never has, I'm pretty impressed with jeeps, this is my second one I've owned but its getting tired and I really need a truck to haul more bikes. My buddy has the same truck only chevy instead of gmc and we took that to daytona, hauling a 18 foot enclosed trailer with 6 streetbikes, made it in about 22 hours. I did notice if you didn't watch how you drove it would want to jump into 3rd out of overdrive alot but we were averaging about 80 to 85mph all the way down. The most I will be pulling is a 14 foot enclosed but I think I am going to buy one of those new all aluminum trailers.

x.system
08-06-2004, 08:31 PM
I picked it up last night, it rides pretty smooth, I think the f 150 rides smoother but I dont like the looks of the ford so I had to go with a gmc. It is really clean, looks like the previous owner took really good care of it. It does have a little tire noise from the larger tires but I will be changing those wheels and tires out soon.

trikerider2oo7
08-07-2004, 09:12 AM
you know its gonna be a good truck...it says GM on it.