PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make a snorkle for a 200s or any other ATC?

kryppy
08-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I sure would like to see some pics of ways to beat the deep water. My favorite places might have three or four feet right now.

atcmatt
08-07-2004, 12:31 AM
My 250es does well in deep water. I reckon it does so well because it has a "snorkel" type intake, it gets it air through the front of the frame. Do most atcs have this, i know my 200es and 250es both had/have it. I have had my 200es in deep ass water. i have footage of it but ill need a usb cable to connect it yet. Unlessssss.....i might try taping it off my tv, itll be crap quality but youll be able to see it. The old 200es' do well belive me. I have had mine up past my spark plug and she keeps running, shes got no guts but it has enough to pull out. I have strong faith in the old trikes in the mud and water.

Cheers,

Matt

kryppy
08-07-2004, 12:48 AM
I had the thing up to the sparkplug in my backyard yesterday, no problems.
Really I'm surprised the wires and coil thing stayed going like magic.
None of my airboxes have the cover, so I'm concerned about when it gets over the seat for now. I know I'll need one when its over the handle bars.
I've been thinking of scraping the entire stock air box and using a long bottom radiator hose. I'm not going to care about the performance hit, I hope anyway.

kryppy
08-15-2004, 08:21 AM
My 250es does well in deep water. I reckon it does so well because it has a "snorkel" type intake, it gets it air through the front of the frame. Do most atcs have this, i know my 200es and 250es both had/have it. I have had my 200es in deep ass water. i have footage of it but ill need a usb cable to connect it yet. Unlessssss.....i might try taping it off my tv, itll be crap quality but youll be able to see it. The old 200es' do well belive me. I have had mine up past my spark plug and she keeps running, shes got no guts but it has enough to pull out. I have strong faith in the old trikes in the mud and water.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks, I removed the pipe that gets the air from the frame and made a PVC skorkle about 1.5 feet above the bars. Looks nice in flat black.
I should have looked before asking...

ATC crazy
08-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Companies dont make snorkel kits for specific models because of liability reasons. Most people use flexible pool hose and it works great.