PDA

View Full Version : Frankensteined

DIGGER DOG
01-01-2003, 01:01 PM
I will be so glad when I pay off my credit card so I can restore my 200x just got a 85 frame and some motor parts the clutch cable on the 84 was about a whole bike length longer than the trike fortunately the parts bike had a cable on it ,on the 84 the clutch arm had a hole drilled through it and a spring attached to it and the frame, the cable holder was about 3 inches back from where it was supposed to be no cluthch adj.what soever exept at the perch .Fixed back to original set up 1finger pull clutch no more spring . went riding the other day trike quit running ,kicked it fired and quit would not run ,pulled off carb lo and behold Frankenstein again
wood srews for bowl screws ,gaskett sealer (permatex blue) for a gasket ,jet clogged up with gasket sealer ,Will get another brand new OEM carb for $150.00 why do people frankenstein bikes ??? In the end it costs more If ya cant do it right dont do it at all .Who is it here that has a little saying "striving for perfection.........."?

Trikeaholic
01-01-2003, 03:02 PM
:D I hate to rig anything. I feel bad even when I have to rig something. Yesterday, I had to drill out the wheel studs on the LT230. I will attempt to get new wheel studs at the 'zuki shop, but if he does not have them, a M8 bolt fits correctly, with the flats of the hex up against the flat for the wheel stud, but still, I feel funny about rigging it. Some guys think that rigging is an art form, but its NOT!!!! We should have a section on the site called "the art of rigging" and we should all try to find pics to send in of our favorite rig jobs. Im sure we can find tons! It should also have a disclaimer on the page "3WW does not condone this type of repair to any 3 wheeler-this information is for comedic value only"! :D :D

DIGGER DOG
01-01-2003, 04:24 PM
sure enough trikeaholic I too have rigged on my ytm 200 the chain fell off after i got it it ended up having only one bolt holding the sprocket on the sprocket carrier so I ordered parts ,sprocket carrier ,bolts for sprocket carrier and a new axle nut be cause i buggered it up taking it off,well the bolts never came in discont. got the sprocket carrier but the axle nut was also discont. so I took the axle nut to the bench grinder to get all the teeth marks off of it from using a pipe wrench(used a punch and hammer but wouldent budge) got it looking fairly decent but ti still has teeth marks on it ,went to auto parts store and got bolts to bolt the sprocket to the carrier.it works need to get a shifter shaft for same trike and no im not welding the pieces back to gether lol :D