PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Charley

hondaATCman
08-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Welp, just got back from Myrtle Beach today after the mandatory evacuation caused by hurricane Charley. Man, that really sucked... Drove 8 hours down there, stayed one night (paid for 4) and then drove 14 hours back. Yep, 8 hours down and 14 back. When you have like 5 million people, lol, trying to leave one place at the same time, its a living hell. :D Anyway, I did manage to get a few hours of body surfing in and some nice walks down the Oceanfront. Very nice, but too bad it ended so soon...atleast I did get vouchers to the hotel. I guess I'll go back in a few weeks. I just saw on the news that it killed 13 people in Florida. Man, thats terrible. Anyone else have any run-ins with Charley?

mywifeknowseverything
08-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Glad you made it out OK....I have a friend that was missed by about 50 miles...He lives in Palmetto ... He says there is another one comming next week or something....

Billy Golightly
08-15-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm a ways north of where it came throuh so I was OK. Looks like it did a real number on the Punta Gorda area though.

CHAD-98
08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm a ways north of where it came throuh so I was OK. Looks like it did a real number on the Punta Gorda area though.
Yeah, It hit port charlotte pretty hard too. Thats where 42f67n is from. Hope he is ok.

boneidaho
08-18-2004, 07:42 PM
I was there to, but flew out of Charleston, S.C. before they cancelled all flights. I was there for 7 day's. It was great !

3 weelin geezer
08-18-2004, 11:38 PM
So this is why my computer is now with the angels after a freak lightning bolt hitting (again) the utility pole it was conected to. That was some awesome rain though. I would like more of it since its been....20+ years I haven't seen so much of it.

samster143
08-21-2004, 04:10 PM
The eye went right over my house. South Daytona. We had 60-80 mph wind for like an hour. Things (aluminum siding, trees, large signs, etc) were blowing down our street. We lost power several times, but it always came back on. Some folks still don't have power yet...1 week later. It is still a mess around here...but things could have been worse. Southwest Florida got it real bad.