PDA

View Full Version : I hate falling but this time it cost me money

200xkwit
08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
As i crused in 2nd gear problem free i popped the clutch to do a wheelie and the thumb throttle just desided to stick (imagine that) well i went on the ground and the bike stayed on to wheels and headed straight for the house..infact headed towards my parents' bed room window lol ... well i jumped up and ran over to the bike and pushed it over so it wouldnt hit the house. well i was sucessful in stopping it from hitting the house but i wasnt in saving the bike as i pushed it over the front brake and cylinder brokeas well as the throttle body and cap........son of a !!!!!

TrikeKid
08-19-2004, 02:37 AM
two words dude cable lube.

triking
08-19-2004, 08:37 PM
very true.

TTribaLL
08-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Yes cable lube works, If by cable lube you mean WD-40. :) Had that happen on many un-reliable machines, also had a spark plug loose once on a two-stroke, I had to roll it over so it would flood the carb(couldn't pull the plug wire off because I almost burnt my hand off!). Anyway, yes use WD-40 and save yourself a few ouches. :TrikesOwn

OldSchoolin86
08-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I had something similar once years ago. I was riding one of my old dirt bikes when a branch got under the throttle cable on a trail and stretched the outer cable jacket. It uncoiled it and pulled the cable to full throttle. The problem was that this beater bike had no kill switch and was to young and dumb to put one on it. It was a 125 and in third gear so it took off and I bailed. The bike drove up a huge old oak about 12 ft and kind of backfliped onto the ground. It was cool to see and the cable was the only thing damaged.

Sorry about your trike man.

MTS
08-26-2004, 01:10 AM
man...that sux i had sumtin simlir to that bump startin a 200s down a hill..it started alright and took of in 4th gear..the carb was screrwed on it revin like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro..then it hit a steel and wood 20ft door...well talk about a bent frame and forks lol..and it wasnt mine

timex69
09-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Speaking of throttle sticking accidents:

i was working on a freinds 95 XR100 and the kid that owned it had the carb off n messed with it trying to see how it worked...the needled didnt set so he forced the carb on anyway..the butterfly clip and needle clip popped off when this happend so i picked out the problem right away cuz the throttle didnt turn properly. So i just unscrewed the top of the carb and screwed it on properly. What i didnt notice was the butterfly clip was off that would normally hold the needle valve down. So as soon as i turned the throttle the needle valve goes up and stays their but i couldnt get it to kick over. So i try n jump start it and i pushed it down the driveway and as my run was almost over and the bike wasnt starting so i hopped off and continued to push and all of a sudden the bike roars to life in 3rd gear and heads for my neighbours house. Thank god for trees. That bent the handelbars but it beat paying the neighbours for a new garage door.

Ace Mon
09-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Once I was firing up my RM 250 in the back of my buddies truck still strapped in . I cranked on the throttle and it stuck wide open . Being as I was young and dumb I had no kill switch so my buddy clicked it in gear to stall it . Well the nexxt thing we knew the bike was doing this massive burnout in my friends truck . I had to yank the plug boot off to stop it . When she sut down I looked around and everyone unlaoding thier bikes was looking at us . Allthought they never said a word thier eyes said it all ...."trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro" LOL