PDA

View Full Version : i hate staying up waiting for an ebay to end!

Trikeaholic
01-02-2003, 01:02 AM
probably will go out of my price range anyway.............................

Honda300ex
01-02-2003, 11:49 AM
what are you biding on?

Mike Fort Laud
01-02-2003, 11:57 AM
I have screwed up a whole evening waiting to enter a bid before. I guess that is how you do it to keep price and bidders down.

TimSr
01-02-2003, 04:17 PM
There are sites dedicated to placing tour bid for you at a small fee, such as ESnipe. You setup an account, choose your auction, and tell it what bid to enter, and it will be placed automatically at the time you designate. This is how those guys do that bid in the last 15 seconds.

DixiePlowboy
01-02-2003, 04:55 PM
TimSr,
That's not necessarily how all the last second bids happen ., but I'll not give away my personal strategy. ;)

Howdy
01-02-2003, 05:27 PM
I need to get set up with one of those sites. lol

I was waiting as long as I could today to bid on a machine and Cartman sniped me. lol I would have bidd agian but I had to leave and didn't see I was snipped until after the auction. Snipe happens. lol
All is fair in Bidding On Ebay.

Howdy

Ace Mon
01-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Break out the ride and catch some front tire air !

TimSr
01-02-2003, 10:44 PM
its www.esnipe.com . You can set it to bid in the last 5 seconds if you want.

01-03-2003, 10:30 AM
The thing that irks me is when the damn internet starts to slow down RIGHT in the last 8-10 secodns of the auction....and then youre not logged in........."Sorry, Auction has ended, Bids cannot be taken". *gasp* :shock:

Honda300ex
01-03-2003, 10:48 AM
That is why i like buy it now. I just bought some duals for my T-maxx and a traxxas stampede r/c truck. :-D

theeechozen1
01-03-2003, 02:41 PM
I hate getting the e-snipe :evil:

catfishwhisker
01-04-2003, 11:12 PM
The way I do it is look at the item and see what the most you'll give for it and go ahead and bid it. Then if it goes higher, don't worry about it. Most of the time if you go more than what you want to, you end up wishing that you didn't get it. It might not be the right part or it may be in worse shape than you thought, etc. A lot of times if you go ahead and bid your maximum price, when someone else bids on it and they get the message " Sorry, you've been outbid by another bidder" it will discourage them and they won't bid anymore. They're maximum price may be a lot lower than yours and they don't want to bid again. Then again, they're maximum price may be twice what yours is, so your screwed anyway. I guess it all boils down to is how bad do you really want it.