PDA

View Full Version : whats the price for 84 250r engine rebuild

triking
08-22-2004, 08:47 PM
the name says it's self. whats the price for an 83 250r engine rebuild !

TimSr
08-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Varies widely depending on your definition of "rebuild, and to what degree you will be doing the labor.

hondaATCman
08-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Like Tim said, this can vary alot. Are you doing this yourself or a service shop? Top end only or whole motor? How badly damaged/wore? If you have a shop do it, labor charges can be as much as $60 and up per hour!! BTW, the title says '84 and the description says '83.

kryppy
08-23-2004, 08:07 AM
the name says it's self. whats the price for an 83 250r engine rebuild !

It can be real cheap if you buy the parts from ebay and do it yourself. They are real easy if you have tools.

I just got a sweet bottom end for $200 so I would have something to ride while I gather the rest of the stuff I need to make mine go again.

It all just depends how much you want to do yourself. Personally, when I have a spare motor in my truck for ride day I can throw in in 20 minutes at the mud hole sounds REAL good for me.

It's actually kinda fiunny, when my buddys with the $5000 bikes are crying on the way home, I'll be trying to get that stupid swing arm bolt back in. :)Muwahahaahha!!!, provided they didn't make some dumb pink slip bet before hand. :)

I think you should be looking for a CR500 motor for it.

triking
08-23-2004, 10:23 AM
yes it's for an 84. i was missin the keys bad last night. lol but i guess the motors are the same. if i was gonna do just a top end rebuild. how much would that set me back if a shop dose it or i do it ?

82-8250R
08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
topend at a local shop here with a standard bore piston and gaskets is no more than $200 even with a slightly larger piston and bored would be about the same not much more if any. i would buy the piston and gaskets from dennis kirk or somewhere since its free shipping and then take it to them and have them do it should be alittle cheaper since you can get free shipping from then.