PDA

View Full Version : What is the safest way to transact money on the net...

MTS
09-07-2004, 07:44 PM
well i was thinkin about buyin a trike from the states and i live in canada..and its from a privite buyer i was just wondring what is the safest way to do the transaction.there gona crate it if i buy and ship it..but i was wonding whats the best way so i dont get screwed outa my money..iv herd of sites and stuff that hold your money or something any info would be great thanks :)

CHAINSAW
09-07-2004, 08:09 PM
paypal.com is good. Ive never had a problem with it.

MTS
09-07-2004, 08:29 PM
yea i have a pay pal account somewhere..lol but i was thinking something so that i sent my money but he didnt send the trike and i would get scrwed with pay pal no? if im wrong leme know lol

triking
09-07-2004, 09:21 PM
i think it's all luck.. it all depends on who trailprotrailpro dealing with on the other side of the computer

almac16
09-07-2004, 09:22 PM
You are thinking about an escrow service.

"An escrow service is a licensed and regulated company that collects, holds, and sends a buyer's money to a seller according to instructions agreed on by both the buyer and seller. Typically, once the buyer receives and approves the item from the seller within an agreed time frame, the escrow service then sends the payment to the seller. "

Check out www.escrow.com

I have never used them but they are recommended by ebay.

Also you can go into Ebay help and search for "escrow" and they will give some other ebay approved escrow companies.

Good luck!

MTS
09-07-2004, 10:26 PM
yes thats what i was looking for almac16 thanks :D

samster143
09-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Ups can do COD 'cash on delivery' it costs a few bucks but it is safe.

3 weelin geezer
09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I would first inspect the item carefully not just a quick eyeballing. You may miss something important if you do and if its sold as-is well, as-is. Have you agreed on how much time you can take to have a mechanic look it over first? Saved me quite a bit o'money one time. Injectors leaking, loose motor mounts, worn clutch or in need of resurfacing (FWD car),blown head gasket and some other things I didn't look for or see right away. Best $50 I ever spent.