PDA

View Full Version : Ebay selling

TexFest
09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
I remember a while back when people were giving tips on how to sell on ebay where your listing doesnt come out to cost real high.

I know ebay charges for certain stuff but i'm not sure what it is, I think they charge for like how long your decription is or something like that and what category you list it under or something. I may be wrong though.

I would like to know some tips on how to get your total cost of your listing down to a good price instead of paying what you sold and not sending all your money you made to your listing on ebay.

I'm sure there's other people on the board to that would like tips on how to sell on ebay also.

jeswinehart
09-09-2004, 08:43 PM
well ,,, i reckon i do a little research before hand to see if there's even a "market" for what i have to list. if for example a certan part i have ain't bringing no bids or just 1 buyer for little or next to nothing ,,, i won't list it for my normal starting bid of 9.95
speaking of wich ,,,, check out the listing cost - starting bid for ebay ,,,, they give you all the info. howdy got me paying attention to the details. it will cost you a few cents more to list something for 5 bucks rather then 4.99
same for 9.99 verses 10 bucks ( and so on up the pricing scale ).
i know that don't sound like much but it is a mangament type of thing to max your listing .

john

smokinwrench
09-09-2004, 10:03 PM
The lowest I ever list anything for is $9.99. If it is less then that I feel it is not worth my time and effort to go through the whole shipping process.

bixxl
09-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Like alot of things in this world "ebay is a tool " with a little bit of knowledge you can do quit well. the first thing to do is to see what kind of market there is for your item. sometimes it helps to type in the item your selling and see how many are available. you can also scrool down the yellow box on the left side (on ebay) and by checking the "completed items" you can get a fairly good idea what your item has sold for in the past few weeks. I have used ebay to purchase all the parts I needed to make my ride(s) go faster or just to replace a broken part. I have also pieced out older quads or atc to finance my new parts. With out ebay I might still be riding a 1984 big red. Its worth spending the time to learn how to use ebay to finance your ridding hobby. hope this helps bixxl

TexFest
09-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Hey bixxl and everyone else, that does help some.

I was going to sell computer parts and computers when I get my business going, I'll also be buying computer parts to build computers and then sell them back on ebay and sell some in my work place. Also after I start making money I will start getting parts rounded up for my 250R project so I can finally get it finished.

Ebay is a big plus, you can get basically anything you're looking for, for half the price just about.