PDA

View Full Version : Forum moving to a new webhost

Billy Golightly
09-11-2004, 02:10 PM
After searching high and low for a new host, we finally found one and they seem to be excellent. Most of the stuff is already onto the new host, but the rest of it will be completed Monday morning. The address (www.3wheelerworldforums.com) will stay the same. There is not any expected down time. No more "vBulletin error!" pages after this is completed :beer

atcmatt
09-11-2004, 08:04 PM
My hat goes off to you Billy! Thanks for maintaining this site frequently. Its kinda a daily ritual for me to be on here. Lets have a virtual round of applause for Billy! :p

Thanks,

Matt

03 ORANGE SHEE
09-11-2004, 10:58 PM
thanks!! pain in the butt, seems every week or so the forums go down for a few hours to a day

Howdy
09-11-2004, 11:13 PM
thanks!! pain in the butt, seems every week or so the forums go down for a few hours to a day

This is exactly why we decided to change the hosting company. We gave the old hosting company plenty of time to correct the problems they had. They didn't seem do anything so the choice was made to find a new hosting company.
Billy did some checking and found this place. Everything I have seen leads me to believe they will be A LOT better!! Sure the cost is a bit more but I think it will be worth the added $$$.

Billy deserves ALL the credit for this change. Thanks!!!!

Howdy

Billy Golightly
09-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Yes...pain in the ass indeed. Our new host www.asmallorange.com has been really helpful in getting things moved over. There would have been several days worth of downtime on the board if I had done it myself but they are doing it and there wont be any, its working out great. Plus we are getting much more space and bandwidth for the buck then then we were.

smokinwrench
09-12-2004, 01:06 AM
I would like someone to post the 3ww paypal link. I was looking and could n't find it.

Howdy
09-12-2004, 08:04 AM
I would like someone to post the 3ww paypal link. I was looking and could n't find it.

The 3WW Paypal account set up for NON-Credit Card Funded Paypal is donations@3wheelerworld.com NOTE: We do not accept Credit Card Funded Paypal Donations via this account. Why not? To accept credit card funded Paypal on this account we would have to upgrade the account. If we upgrade this Paypal account to accept Credit Card funded Paypal donations then every future donation received in the account is subject to Paypal fees. Those fees can add up real quick. All Credit Card Funded Paypal donation sent to the ( donations@3wheelerworld.com ) account will be denied. It's nothing personal, we just don't want to upgrade this account ( we have another account available for these types of donations ).

If you want to donate via Credit Card Funded Paypal you can send it to 4howdy@bright.net

Thanks
Howdy

BigGreenMachine
09-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Great man, love the board and hope it keeps on running strong. Thanks Billy!

threewheelin-feelin
09-12-2004, 07:24 PM
:beer :beer "aplause"

trikerider2oo7
09-12-2004, 07:26 PM
good...i was gettin tired of it always bein down

Bill X_R
09-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Great....now my meassly 400 post count will be reset again to zero :( Ah well you guys are the best, when it comes to this stuff... Keep up the great job! trailprotrailpro you know it, X-mas will be here and you know what that means....6 months until trike-fest WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Peace Out

Billy Golightly
09-12-2004, 09:17 PM
lol everything will stay the same Bill! Your not gonna lose your post count nor will anyone else. Infact I don't think most people will be able to even tell the difference (Other then the fact it wont be breaking as much:p) But I hear you on the Trikefest 05, WoooHoo!

rman
09-13-2004, 01:22 AM
WOO HOO great job guys your doing great hey bill whats up is the track still open in lexington if so i'll have to drop in and see it it's been awhile for me

happy roostin RMAN

Bill X_R
09-13-2004, 07:37 PM
WOO HOO great job guys your doing great hey bill whats up is the track still open in lexington if so i'll have to drop in and see it it's been awhile for me

happy roostin RMAN

Not sure...I'm in cincy now!

Xowner
09-13-2004, 07:50 PM
bill you never paid for you pop can! i couldnt leave negative feed back tho! lol let me know if you wanna trade the can and good feedback for the r?

billy way to go on the fourms!

Howdy
09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
The way it was is the way it remains. Did anyone notice the difference today? Yes, the switch has been completed. It's nice knowing when you want to log on the forums are working. ;)
Howdy

OldSchoolin86
09-13-2004, 10:10 PM
It's nice knowing when you want to log on the forums are working. ;)
Howdy

Exactly! When I need my 3WW fix I like to know it's available. Good work guys.

Howdy
10-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Has anyone noticed any forum down time in the past 4 weeks?
Howdy

Pistonhead
10-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks Billy, this is one awesome forum, my favourite. I tune in daily, and it never gets old. Thanks to the site and this forum I've got lots of guys addicted to trikes. If you ask me this forum is pretty much the world communication hub for trike enthusiasts, doin an awesome job man!

MTS
10-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Has anyone noticed any forum down time in the past 4 weeks?
Howdy
yea i have had a few down times in the last little wile..but its normally back up in a little wile or a day..could just be me but i dunt think so :beer

smokinwrench
10-16-2004, 08:30 PM
No down time here and I'm on all the time.

ATC crazy
10-16-2004, 08:42 PM
I've seen a couple of down times....but not near as much as there was before. Keep up the good work fellas!

Billy Golightly
10-17-2004, 12:09 AM
I think maybe once I've had problem accessing the forum but it ended up being problems on my end. www.asmallorange.com has been superb. Alot better then the old imaginenetworks.