PDA

View Full Version : It Just Doesnt Pay

rman
09-13-2004, 01:34 AM
listed a gsxr frame on ebay with 10" extended rear the dude sent me an email (not going to buy relist it) so naturally i left him bad feedback in return of course he done the same to me although he was the one to confirm his bid then back out on me leving me with a no sale. but anyway at the end of my negative feedback he left a nice quotation F-U- little to say that was all it took for me to contact ebay to try and have it removed . bingo it worked i now have a 100% feedback rating and his went from 100% to 66.7% so it just doesnt pay to not pay. he also sent me i real nice email lol which ebay is investigating and could possibly have him took off as a registered user on ebay.

later and happy roostin RMAN

P.S. HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS LETS HEAR SBOUT IT!!

OldSchoolin86
09-13-2004, 09:16 AM
It's sad how many people are like this guy. They think it's okay to do what ever they want and then get pissed when they get called on it.

edit:
This one time a guy bought an item from me for a project. He asked if it would work and I replied I don't think so. He bought it anyway and when it didn't work he wanted a refund. I told him no and suggested that he relist it. He then got an investigation going with ebay that got dropped and he filed a mail fraud complaint with the post office that went no where. Then he got my number and would call every month for about 4 months telling me how his uncle was a lawyer and how much trouble I was in. I finaly told him to go ahead and sue me and not to contact me again untill he had a court date. I haven't heard from him in a long time. Some people are just a little nuts!!!

3 weelin geezer
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Its amazing how everybody has some sort of lawyer uncle thats gonna come after you. Would that be ethical? Or could it be that uncle is a part of the Naval 'sea lawyers' association? In the navy..blah blah blah...In the navy... :D

Wickedfinger
09-14-2004, 12:58 PM
The real problem with all of this as I see it is the fact that the internet is so impersonal .... people just love to say harsh "tough guy" things and make unfair or downright stupid decisions based on the fact that they think they are protected by the nets anonymity. It also should be noted that people on the receiving end of such things react they same way. Unfortunately there is no schoolyard justice on the internet. People love to say or do things they wouldn't or really couldn't do if they were standing right infront of you. People like TimSr and Howdy among others who run businesses over the net will tell anybody that the best and only way to deal with "bad" interactions on the internet is to keep your cool, remain professional and use the established tools available to you to your advantage. Wheather it be on eBay using the feedback system or their administration or right here on these boards by asking a MOD for help. Ebay bids are a contract, its that simple - its up to the seller to "let you off" with no penalty or not. Bad feedback is the penalty - but - it comes with a cost. It can and usually will be used right back against you. Keep your cool, present your facts to eBay and if they see fit, your situation is at least partially resolved in the fact that your good name is restored and his is tarnished because of his actions not yours.

honda200boyatc
09-16-2004, 11:08 PM
i buy a truck a little hot wheels and won so he e-mails me and says that im to yong for it its to nice for me so i just told him to reregiter it and its registered for 2 times as much

Meat-BoX
09-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I had a guy burn me and I bitched to pay-pal and E-bay and they kicked him to the curb. Ha ha
I take pride in my 100% perfect rating and how I do business.

rman
09-18-2004, 12:17 AM
well the guy sent me another nasty email because they pulled his vulgar email off my feedback and put me back up to 100%. contacted ebay told them i was sick of him bothering me pasted his email that was sent through ebay just got an email from ebay saying they couldnt tell me what they did but they could tell me he is no longer a registered user so at least there is one bad apple off the list. later rman

TimSr
09-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Thanks to all of you guys who make the extra effort to get these bums removed so others dont have to deal with them. Too many people just "let it go" and then they just become someone elses problem.

Ace Mon
09-18-2004, 12:35 AM
well crap !!! You Sob !!!!! That was me !!!! Man you failed to state the exact year and now E-gay has boned me as well . I will have my revenge and it will be sweeeeeeet . OK JK LOL good for you Rman .

rman
09-27-2004, 06:37 PM
just as crazy as always youll never change !!!!!!!!! thats exactly what he said but not quite that nice lol

later rman

daveds50
09-28-2004, 02:20 AM
yeah, there are some real idiots on eBay... but from my experiences as a seller, most people are great.
i use it to get rid of used and old stock from my business, and have about 4700 pos feedbacks across 8 accounts, no negs, no neutrals.
but yeah, once in a while, you get someone who is very unreasonable, or just wont pay. i dont leave any feedback at all at first... just a report to eBay. therefore, they dont leave me any feedback either.
however, before the 90 days is up, and if possible exactly 90 days minus a minute or two, i give them what they deserve... at exactly 90 days, is the point at where feedback cannot be left anymore... in other words, they cannot retaliate and leave you a false neg.
i've actually been contacted more than a year later, by someone who was suspended, asking if i would retract my report and work with them to remove the negative... yeah... right buddy. i dont even know if it's possible after a year.
dave ( < powerseller, who just bid on a 200es head from a 3WW member... )

rman
09-30-2004, 05:57 AM
how about a link to your ebay. thats a good idea on the feedback most the time if its petty i just wont leave any feedback just isnt worth it but your right for the most part they pay up and are happy you just cant satisfy everyone later rman