jason200x
09-16-2004, 11:23 PM
army national gaurds

40 rounds!!!!!!!!!!

Meat-BoX
09-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Screw the military! :evil:
They suck :twisted:
1st they wouldnt take me at 19 due to a bum knee. Then they wont take me because of my back and age. All I want to do is serve food or some lame job to help out. I've asked several times over the years and its allways no. I even tried to voulenteer and they make that impossible. 10th mountain division is right up the road and I cant even serve or military people food. Imagine,they train people to kill then make em work in the kitchens. Leave the non military stuff to people like me who cant fight. Good luck to the soldiers that did get in, and hope they stay safe. :beer

cliff2302
09-17-2004, 03:44 PM
if you were 19 now they would take you in a heartbeat! haha. i have alot of respect for the armed forces, and may join myself once the new/old pres. initiates the draft in november. i have alot of buddies over seas, and i pray for every one every night (by every one, i mean all the men and women, not just my friends). this genny is for you :beer

Meat-BoX
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
If there is a draft then maybe I will get to serve food after all. :Bounce
They wont let cripples like me carry an M-16 :D
I told my recruiter to give me a 20lb pack, a sniper rifle and my Pistol and I could do just fine. :beer

But i'd rather be out riding ATV's :beer

jeswinehart
09-17-2004, 07:22 PM
formally with uncle sams yachting club ,,,

john

TimSr
09-17-2004, 09:12 PM
I salute each and everyone who serves in whatever capacity. You have my total gratitude and respect.

I am very offended that certain politicians equate National Guard and Reserves service with draft dodging. Its not our National Guardsmen who are avoiding or cutting short their service because of self inflicted wounds. (and then getting medals for it!)

As for reinstating a draft, thats total nonsense. It was proposed by a couple of left winger democrats who cant seem to get past the fact that we have an all volunteer military who CHOOSE to serve. Its an attempt to make any military action more unpopular. Specifically, it was proposed by Charles Wrangel (D) of New York. Military enlistment is currently at an all time high, and they are turning people away, and are very picky about who they take in. The last thing they want is to force people into the military who do not wish to be there.

The best way to say thanks to those currently serving is to ask those you know who they would prefer to have as their commander and chief, and vote accordingly.

Howdy
09-17-2004, 09:47 PM
I tried for 8 years to get into the service. Thanks to some problems in my arms they turned me down. I don't let this get me down. Since I can't go serve myself I do what ever I can to support those who can and do serve. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the freedom we have now. My hats off to all those that have and will serve in the armed forces.
Howdy