PDA

View Full Version : Damn My Neighbors Hate Me

350xsx
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
lol today my neighbors were havin a party and invited everyone on our street but us, and im pissin them off so much just by cuttin our grass lol, the guys wavin at me tryin to get me to stop, because im cuttin the grass and our tractors loud as hell, so i just waved back, then my dad and his friend took off on their harleys wich are louder then our tractor and its a 4 cyl. diesel wit straight pipes lol,(my dads friends pulls the front wheel off the ground 5 or 6 inches every gear) so then i took a ride on my 350x and they wanted to kill me, and now im gonna go cut more grass, you should see when we actually ttry to piss em off, :twisted:

350xsx
09-19-2004, 03:33 PM
they call the cops on me 3-4 times a week for jus ridin my trikes where i have permission

deathman53
09-19-2004, 03:57 PM
yeh,you don't live too far from me, next time they are having a party, I'll take my 330r over there and lets go do some donuts, drag racing in the yard,etc. my 330 is quite loud and so is my 200x when I take out the spark srrester. my neighbors don't like me too much either, because I like to work on my bikes which for some odd reason always happens when they are eating dinner.

threewheelin-feelin
09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
haha my bassani pipe pisses the guy off across the street. the guy that live next to me has a cr80r and they have a kx250 and they piss him off too but since every one on street rides with us or is good friends with us there not much he can do haha.

Pistonhead
09-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Haha, neighbours, the scourge of the back yard triker!

MO350X
09-19-2004, 11:03 PM
After living in three subdivisions over the course of 10 years, we moved out of the subdivision life and got our own little piece of ground.
My neighbor is an ATC250R guru and a triker to the core.
It's my own little piece of heaven on earth folks.

No whining subdivision-ites to contend with.
AHHH.....

If I want to take my X around the yard....by golly I do.

honda200boyatc
09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
that sounds like my nabors i plow the ally and the cops show up i mow the lawn the cops show up there here so many time i tell them to call ahead so i can make cofe and go buy some donuts and they done care when i ride my 200 or my bro rides his cr250 and when my friend come over he havs a geo with straght pipes and 3 inch tips we just drive past and reve the **edited** out of the engine just to piss her off

cliff2302
09-19-2004, 11:46 PM
well, you all (ya'll for the southern folk) know the saying, "Sound proof fences make good nieghbors"

TrikerR
09-21-2004, 09:27 AM
my neighbours have the worst luck...they are surrounded by rev heads(my dad and two of his mates are big chev fans and own the loudest cars in my town, and motoxers and riders.(me and 3 of my freinds all have bikes that are loud as all hell)...they can go rot in hell...SUCKERS

Racedude48
09-21-2004, 01:20 PM
LOL i have a microsprint... which is a mini sprint car with a CR 125 engine on it! And it has a straight pipe+no muffler. Its soo loud you could go deaf if you arent wearing a helmet. Then one time i was riding my little 23cc gas scooter down the street and my neighbor came out bitching about how loud it is and that he couldnt hear his TV. I just kept on riding :D :beer

OldSchoolin86
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
After reading this I have no idea why people want to shut down off road riding all together.;) LOL
I used to rip it up too but I was good for doing after the bars closed. That's just wrong in many ways. I had a coulpe of 2am cop chases so I have no right to preach. Now I'm so domesticated I run the stock exhaust around the home to keep it quiter and I don't do it at 2am.

thefox
09-21-2004, 02:10 PM
This last summer a group of people from around my neighborhood started a petition to outlaw the use of ATV's, mini-bikes, and snowmobiles in the neighborhood. I have been fixing and riding atv's, and dirt bikes for the last 6 years but it wasn't until this last year when a kid down the street got a KX125 that people have been complaining. I try to respect the neighbors by not starting stuff up after 9pm, I don’t rev up the bike out of courtesy but this kid rides when he feels like it and revs the heck out of it. There is no way I will let the ban take place but if it were a noise ordinance then I would gladly sign it.

rob0781
09-21-2004, 02:35 PM
My neighbors aren't gonna like me with that cobra exhaust thats on the 185 i don't give'r till i'm in the trail anyways,i like it tho it scares the birds away down by the lake...pretty fun to when your going wide open down the road to get to the gas station then it really screams..

TrikeKid
09-22-2004, 12:17 AM
i hope its fun breaking the law and pissing people off :evil:

TTribaLL
09-23-2004, 12:15 AM
i hope its fun breaking the law and pissing people off :evil:

It is :twisted:

I actually just moved from an acreage to the city. Well, everyone in my subdivision has quads/dirt-bikes/snowmobiles but I have yet to see a Trike. Hopefully I will be the first :beer.

Kinda off topic but, I think the best/loudest machine to piss your neahbours off is a snowmobile. Every time I take out our ski-doo I can't refrain from heading out to the lake(at my grandpa's), and sqeezing that trottle all the way and just ripping across that lake at break neck speeds that is acompanied with a sweet sweet ear splitting scream. No other machine can beat that feeling, not even your little 4-stroke quads. The Tri-Z will be the only Trike I will use in town, because all I have to do to get to some sweet trails is to cross one paved road. Just my 2¢

hondatrikesrule22
09-23-2004, 12:21 AM
I can't wait till my drag header gets done for my go-kart. I am building it my self. I made the flange out of some old metal layin around. I fired it up with out a header and it sounds like gun shots every time it fires. :twisted: It will be a 12" straight pipe. I love the briggs 5 horser. :)

ATC350X 85
09-23-2004, 09:26 PM
To the other NJ guys here-- I wonder why we have no where decent legal to ride? Maybe its because of folks like this that boast about pissing off the neighbors and running from the law. I saw in another thread that 350xsx was talking about riding down the parkway and running from police, thats a good way to get killed and give us an even blacker eye here in NJ. Alot of times if you just stop and talk to the police they wont give you a hard time, that is if you are properly registered and insured. Start riding smart and we will have less trouble here in this state. Remember this, out of site out of mind and less sound equals more ground.

TrikerR
09-24-2004, 06:55 AM
in my town, if you dont run...you toast. is the cops or rangers get onto you its either run or get ya bike confiscated and have to pay 1000$ ausd fine and then pay to get your bike out of the impound lot. and thats the exact reason no one here has there bikes registered.

MTS
09-26-2004, 11:03 PM
i dont have too many neighbours atm cuze we rent a house on a farm but theres an old guy that yells at me evry time i go buy his house on my atc90 of all things...its prety loud with no spark arrester lol..but then i drive it to a small town where my friends live and we drag up and down the allys ppl dont really care becuse so many ppl ride there :) but it ***** where prolly movin to the city and its not really close to the edge of town and theres a cop shop like just down the street :(:(:(:(

350xsx
02-05-2005, 02:54 AM
To the other NJ guys here-- I wonder why we have no where decent legal to ride? Maybe its because of folks like this that boast about pissing off the neighbors and running from the law. I saw in another thread that 350xsx was talking about riding down the parkway and running from police, thats a good way to get killed and give us an even blacker eye here in NJ. Alot of times if you just stop and talk to the police they wont give you a hard time, that is if you are properly registered and insured. Start riding smart and we will have less trouble here in this state. Remember this, out of site out of mind and less sound equals more ground.

im not goin to sit home and watch TV all day dreamin of riding, so thats the only way to get to 500 acres i have written permission to be on, and i guess you dont live rund here, if you stop and talk to them, your bike is impounded, and exactly, you want to take all the precautions and you think theres no place to ride i have 10+ places now all couple hundred acres of legal places to ride, if i never broke the law, i wouldnt have anywhere to ride and i have 470 acres in Pa thats i can ride on, and a house to stay at for as long as i want, and when i dont have to i dont run from the cops and i dont ride on any roads, but a 1/4 mile of Parkway aint hurtin no one no how, its funny you have a quiet bike with no place to ride i have a loud bike with thousands of acres to ride less sound = more ground?THEY CANT BUST YOU FOR HAVING A LOUD BIKE ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY OR PROPERTY YOU HAGVE PERMISION TO BE ON.....we should ride some time :beer

350xsx
02-05-2005, 02:56 AM
this right here is exactly what im talkin about Nicely Said TrikerR

in my town, if you dont run...you toast. is the cops or rangers get onto you its either run or get ya bike confiscated and have to pay 1000$ ausd fine and then pay to get your bike out of the impound lot. and thats the exact reason no one here has there bikes registered.

TrikerR
02-05-2005, 05:29 AM
thanks, but its the truth. if the cops see you doing something wrong they wont give you a chance to explain, they just slap a fine in your hand...if cops did give me a chance, dont worry i would never run and i would follow the law to a T, but they dont so it wont happen.

Tri-Z Pilot
02-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I have about a 1/8 mile strip of pavement out front of my house that I use to do plug chops and just to ride the Z every know and then, the neighbors might get pissed, but they dont say anything to me. Probably because they would rather have me ridding my trike than stealing their lawn ornaments and vandalizing their property,(I used to be very rebellious a couple of years ago). I choose not to have registration, or if I did (like my blaster), I wouldnt use the I'd plate, (gives them a way to track you down). I mainly ride on a railroad bed, (no atv zone, but everybody has ridden there since I was born), and sometimes DCNR areas. If I would see a DCNR coming after me, I would just gun it, they have seen me on my property, but they cant do a thing once you get off of DCNR property, but I dont do stuff like that anymore. The state police really dont bother me, I'll ride my trike to the store about a mile away on public roads, (I keep the speeds to a minimum), and have been in the store while cops pulled up, (I have even gotten compliments on my trike by them), they dont really care as long as I dont go rippin and tearin.

Oldshell4481
02-05-2005, 01:59 PM
up here the cops are a little more laid back. ive never run from em. i was ridin down the road and a statey went by and i slowed right down, prepared to turn into the woods and he waved as he went by, i was shi**ing bricks for a minute. but i am respectful of other peoples property and try not to rip it up too much. most the people dont care what is ripped up in the woods

Pistonhead
02-05-2005, 02:12 PM
In the city my neighbours are tightwad asses, one time I was playing fetch with my dog (Labrador retriever) in the back yard, and my neighbour is like " Your dog barking is waking me up"! (at 6:00 on an august evening) and he proceeds to yell and use all the profanities he knows at me, then he'll turn around and have loud parties at 1:00 in the morning with fireworks and loud stereos and 16 year old kids doing drugs and getting drunk then piling into the back alley and doing stupid drunk things and waking us up. Well spring is almost here, so hopefully he will enjoy hearing me starting up my big red and quite liberally revving it up to warm her up, then I'll break in my 2-stroke weed whipper, then when my truck gets its supercharger, he will be able to hear the sweet sound of blower belts when I leave to get breakfast at denny's before school during the wee hours of the morning :twisted: :twisted:

My neighbour would have never made the major mistake of keeping me up if he knew about the high revving projects I cook up!!!!!!!!!!! :D

At the farm the folks are exactly opposite, they don't care if you do whatever the hell you want at any time, out there we have a general understanding that everyone does whatever they want and no one else craps on them for it unless it affects them.

Tri-Z Pilot
02-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I really dont see why people get mad at loud atvs, there are louder harleys and rice rockets out on the street, but If your ride isnt street legal, they have to make a big fuss about it. As far as people not being able to sleep with trikes and whatnot around, I dont see how that could keep them up, If your tired enough you'll sleep through anything, well I will, I'm a heavy sleeper. I suppose the only reason a bike would keep me up is becaues I would hear it and go outside and say my turn. :D

1984kxtTECATE
02-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I agree, when I got my Tecate I figure I was going to do a couple laps in a open field. Sure enough the nieghbors had the cops nocking on my front door. I explained the situation and they let me go. I think nieghbors suck, once I had the cops called on me becuase I was riding a wheelchair and I wasnt disabled. Then they wonder why I dont get along with them

350xsx
02-05-2005, 05:03 PM
up here the cops are a little more laid back. ive never run from em. i was ridin down the road and a statey went by and i slowed right down, prepared to turn into the woods and he waved as he went by, i was shi**ing bricks for a minute. but i am respectful of other peoples property and try not to rip it up too much. most the people dont care what is ripped up in the woods

i dont run from the cops unless i know that theyll impound my bike, and thats in a couple towns round here so i have to run if i want to ride AND keep my trikes

Yardbird
02-05-2005, 11:34 PM
I agree, when I got my Tecate I figure I was going to do a couple laps in a open field. Sure enough the nieghbors had the cops nocking on my front door. I explained the situation and they let me go. I think nieghbors suck, once I had the cops called on me becuase I was riding a wheelchair and I wasnt disabled. Then they wonder why I dont get along with them

Not to make light of somebody who has to use a wheelchair for a legitamate reason. But I didn't know you couldn't take one for a spin if you wanted to.....WTH? :confused:

rustbucket
02-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I had a ts400 cycle nothing could catch that state cops came close but i would just cut across the feild and be gone,my neighbors don't really care, since they start driving their semis at 6:00 in the morning, so my bikes don't bother them,the other neighbor is deaf (good for me bad for him)I started driving trucks around when i was 12 we used to haul cars to the junk yard to get money for sled parts and the cops didn't really car cause the 51 gmc only went 35mph with a load

threewheelin-feelin
02-06-2005, 01:15 AM
the guy across the street tryed to tell me its illegal for me to ride in my own front yard........W....T.....F

PowerTrike
02-06-2005, 02:02 AM
that sounds like my nabors i plow the ally and the cops show up i mow the lawn the cops show up there here so many time i tell them to call ahead so i can make cofe and go buy some donuts and they done care when i ride my 200 or my bro rides his cr250 and when my friend come over he havs a geo with straght pipes and 3 inch tips we just drive past and reve the **edited** out of the engine just to piss her off

3" Tips, straight pipes...1.0L Geo :eek: ...that just might piss me off too!

Kintore
02-06-2005, 09:54 PM
In the city my neighbours are tightwad asses, one time I was playing fetch with my dog (Labrador retriever) in the back yard, and my neighbour is like " Your dog barking is waking me up"! (at 6:00 on an august evening) and he proceeds to yell and use all the profanities he knows at me, then he'll turn around and have loud parties at 1:00 in the morning with fireworks and loud stereos and 16 year old kids doing drugs and getting drunk then piling into the back alley and doing stupid drunk things and waking us up. Well spring is almost here, so hopefully he will enjoy hearing me starting up my big red and quite liberally revving it up to warm her up, then I'll break in my 2-stroke weed whipper, then when my truck gets its supercharger, he will be able to hear the sweet sound of blower belts when I leave to get breakfast at denny's before school during the wee hours of the morning :twisted: :twisted:

My neighbour would have never made the major mistake of keeping me up if he knew about the high revving projects I cook up!!!!!!!!!!! :D

At the farm the folks are exactly opposite, they don't care if you do whatever the hell you want at any time, out there we have a general understanding that everyone does whatever they want and no one else craps on them for it unless it affects them.

I hear ya man, In the farmer community I could pull up to my neighbours house and rev the piss outa anything and they will wave or laugh lol. They are real nice too, I help them out around the barn when im cruiseing around and they have no problem at all. The cops are the same way, my mom knows the local cop and she talks to me now and then when I ride my trike. The first time I saw the cherry's light up and I almost shat myself. Then she came out and talked it up with me lol

edog
02-21-2005, 09:04 PM
My neighbors don't care that much.I'll rev that 225 till the cows come home.Love it when it backfires. :naughty:

wheelie king
02-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Try running a 360 V-8 with headers and straightpipes. :D :p

Don't get behind me in an underpass or tunnel with your windows down!!!!