PDA

View Full Version : My Tecate carb parts are suppose to be here today!

Billy Golightly
10-01-2002, 02:37 PM
We'll see if maybe it'll try and run. Hopefully tomorow my local dealer will have my reeds/airfilter in.

Jeb
10-02-2002, 09:14 AM
Billy, I hope it runs. I can't wait to hear your opinion of it after hearing your opinion of the Tri-Z. I hope you like it!!

Billy Golightly
10-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Me too Jeb, I can't wait to get it running and go give it a test run!

Billy Golightly
10-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Welp, we pulled it around alot. Its definetly trying...just not hard enough. Got excellent spark (Will make your whole arm twitch!) great compression, and its getting fuel. If it were a 4 stroke I'd say that its timing, but since its a 2 stroke its obviously not :p Right now I'm ruling it as the reeds, the ones that are in it are horrible. You can stick a pen tip between them and the cage. I guess until I get my new ones we won't know.

trikerider2oo7
02-06-2004, 10:09 PM
sweet.hope it works.actually it probly already does onna a counna this is the last post on the last page.LOL

Billy Golightly
02-06-2004, 11:07 PM
:shock: :shock: Wow Have I had the Tecate that long?!?!? Man, It ran but I almost got myself killed on it because an airleak in the intake boot made it run wide open on me going down a hill without any brakes or kill switch. Thats a whole other story though.