PDA

View Full Version : Stupid hurricanes!!

kryppy
09-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Hope everyone got through the pounding ok.
As for me, three 90 foot trees tipped over in my backyard! One of them landed on my swamp buggy and knocked the rear two feet into the ground as well as blowing the tires and bending a wheel.
Yet another is on a 45 degree angle over my shed with the well pump equipment and my disassembled 250R!!!
Someone was looking out for me I guess. I'm glad it only brushed us here in S FL, a direct hit would have destroyed my place for sure.
Only two months to go!!

Billy Golightly
09-22-2004, 01:27 PM
We had a few trees go down up here in Live Oak. Had one come pretty close to the house but not damage luckily. All the rain screwed us up more then the wind actually. The water in the Suwannee River is up more then 20ft, all my trails along the bank are under water :(

OldSchoolin86
09-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey Kryppy, I'm a licenced pump installer and run a Well & Pump company. PM me if you need any advice. Good Luck!

kryppy
09-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Made it through another! Braced my big tree hanging over my shed with some 3.5" schedule 40 pipes and it held. Just two more months to go.
Time to buy some homeowners insurance, that is for sure.

Billy Golightly
09-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Me too...Power was out for a little and the generator wasn't running right until we got the output tweaked on it (What can you expect for something made in the 1950's though heh). We're back on now though, had a little bit of water run in the house under the back door which *****. Everything else is good though.