PDA

View Full Version : Mmi

DIGGER DOG
09-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Well Im scheduled to start classes with Motorcycle Mechanics Institute on May 23 2005.
After over 13 years in my carrer of cemetery operations (digging graves) I QUIT!
I was recently promoted to asst. superintedant ,and even more recently promoted to superintendant at the cem. I work at, they gave me a 90 day
probation period supposedly at $11.00 an hour (never got it) after the 90 days I supposedly didnt work out ,7 months later I got the back pay they promised and a raise from $8.00 measly bucks an hour to $10.00 an hour.

Directly after my demotion twice over because before I was super I was asst.
super now Im back at the bottom, they hire a frikkin porter (flower van driver)
Guess who has to train the porter to do the superintendants job ????
So now I work for a guy that I trained fro 6 months that does not have the
Qualifications to do the job even after my 6 months of training.
The guy cant even operate a backhoe but he got the job.

I believe Im a victom of affirmative action at least I think thats what its called because this guy is black now dont any body get their panties in a bunch because im not a racist im just telling it like it is.

So thats where MMI comes in I will be at the Orlando Fl campus,I will move from Ga. back to Orl. live with my mom lol (36 years old living with mommy for a year and a half) and get my old job back at the cemetery in Orlando.
Im going for the HONDA Tech and Yamaha Pro electives that will take 57 weeks .I will be taking my 200X so if any one knows a good place to ride let me know.Also If any one has been to MMI drop me a line and tell me how you liked it .

jeswinehart
09-23-2004, 07:27 PM
good for you digger dog ! you won't go wrong with more education and get out of the being used job you've had.
i'm sure there will be some lean times ahead but hang in there buddy !!!

john

Billy Golightly
09-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I've been very heavily considering MMI myself, I live in Live Oak (Northern end of FL). I probably wouldn't be able to sign up until next year though. Let me know how it works out and you like it. I'm really interested in going myself.

DIGGER DOG
10-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks John. the sky is the limit.
Honda ATC Ill be there in about 6 months and scheduled for 05 and Ill even bet that you are a much better mechanic than I am as for now I just tinker
If I were you Id do it now man ,Im waiting for finacial assistance paper work now and all youll need is $150.00 for registration right now I wont lie to you its expensive for my pre req. and two electives (HONTECH,and YAMAPRO)Itll
cost $18,400.00 and take just over a year and a half that is the minimum to graduate, the pre req plus 2 electives, the pre req is just an introductory deal that covers bike theory ,the metric sys,and shop math(ill suck in the math)then 2 and 4 stroke engines,power flow and drive train,carb and fuel sys,electricity,etc etc, there are 4 sections and 9 hands on clinics for just the pre req, then on to the electives HONDA ,KAWI,SUZUKI,YAMAHA or HARLEY. Do it man I just mentioned MMI at my local shop and they said after school im hired,all i asked them was if they kneew of any other school to go to that was local they told me go to MMI and theyll put me to work when im done no questions asked.Call them here is the # 1-800-528-7995 they will send you a brochure and forms to fill out they provide housing assistance job assistance while you go to school and job placement afterwards its really killer man ,even if you dont do it now im taking my computer with me so when i start ill drop you a line and tell you how it is.

N8s250r
10-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Im headed there. its definetly exciting. im getting certified forhonda yamaha kawasaki and suzuki. i might just stay and take the harley coures also. mine cost me $24,000 (there goes the mods for the wheeler hehehe)

DIGGER DOG
10-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Wow 2 years for 4 electives itll take almost a year and a half for mine well 15 mos.

N8s250r
10-02-2004, 07:41 PM
mines a year and a half also

DIGGER DOG
10-02-2004, 07:59 PM
are you going to attend one 5 hour class a day ? I was trying to go full time
10 hours a day and my advisor said they couldent do that because I wouldent retain that much information

N8s250r
10-03-2004, 10:33 AM
mine is 5hrs a day 1:00pm-6:00pm. advisor said there are only 2 cycles a day one in the morning and one at night.

DIGGER DOG
10-03-2004, 10:44 AM
There are 3 sceduled class times in orlando 7am to 12, 12:40 till5:50and 6:20 till11:30
Ill be doing the evening classes while I work from 7 till 4:30 Its going to real rough but I have to work during the day to pay my bills and I dont see working part time being enough to pay the bills.

Billy Golightly
10-03-2004, 06:34 PM
My main thing is I have to get a GED before I can enroll, I can get that in January. I got some literature on it a while back, along with some of their tuition stuff. I would kind of like to take all 4 electives myself (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki) and because that is going to cost out the ass, My plan was that after I get my GED I get my realestate license like my mom, do that for a little while to try and make enough money to get started and try and live a little off of it while I'm going to school.

If you ever watch the speed channel, they have little half hour long infomercial things about it on everyonce in the while. Its pretty neat, they show you the whole campus, the shops, ect. Pretty much the same stuff thats in the brochures but its a little bit nicer to see it in video.

N8s250r, your going to the one in Orlando also?

N8s250r
10-03-2004, 09:05 PM
honda atc, im headed to the phoenix campus. im moving from pennsylvania. i chose phoenix to go dune riding (haha good reasoning)