PDA

View Full Version : Yet another cool day

HemiChallenger71
01-05-2003, 02:01 AM
Well today I woke up and made my way up to White Lake Michigan. Wherein I found a lot of ice racing. All kinds of sleds, lowered, raced out, loud, fast, powerful, burning race gas and rae oil. 660 ft. drags, and how fast a machine covers that space is pretty neat and sick. My 3 wheeler would take quite a while, these sleds just flat out hook up and shoot across it in 5sec.?? maybe 6sec. hitting top speed at the end. What truly amazes me is the moeny these people spend on sleds. $25,000++ on just a single sled. Of course everything is done to it, and to top it off they are pulling it with a new 3/4 ton truck, and all in a brand new sled trailer that will hold 4 sleds and all the tools and gear for them. I also never knew sleds could flip over backwards while doing a wheelie, pretty crazy. There were some pretty expensive Banshee's that were raced out, with drag frames, and spiked tires that had 1 inch spikes all over them. I saw ONE three wheeler, it was an '84 Tecate with a DG pipe, and in decent shape. The owner was in the bar boozing it up, so I wasn't about to wait for him to come out. What really got me is all the people riding very expensive machines, drinking at the same time. That just seems stupid to me completly, with as many people out there, and as much money in sleds was out there. The cops showed up as I left, so who knows how many people were busted for drinking, but they wouldn't be able to catch any of those sleds on their slow ass Polaris 4X4 quads.