PDA

View Full Version : Attn. all home school mechanics!!

Dirtcrasher
01-05-2003, 11:30 AM
May I make a suggestion? Whenever you purchase any vehicle get a manual with it. They are less than 20$ and about 30$ for a genuine service OEM manual. For my truck alone I have a Haynes and a Chiltons because they show different pictures and information. They will tell you what oils to use, how tight to tighten items, how to remove item, which threads are left hand or right, if a puller is needed try a gentle tap and then thats it - get the puller! and so on. Alot of these manuals in the early chapters that get skipped also cover tools, how to remove broken fastners and tons of other useful information. Buy it and read it cover to cover. I guarantee it will pay for itself.

smokinwrench
01-05-2003, 02:05 PM
That is some of the best advise I've read on this sight, but I like helping people if I can. This has got tobe one of the best sights on the web. Josh

jeswinehart
01-05-2003, 04:59 PM
i will not sell any of the manuals i have picked up or throw in with a machine i am selling,,, screw that ! they are way to valuable to me.

Dirtcrasher, you see how many folks come to this site and ask ??? how to and can you???. you see what they are worth in terms of being able to shoot somebody a e-mail-scan of whatever they want,,, priceless !

good point Dirtcrasher,,,, john

ATCRYDER
01-05-2003, 05:01 PM
=Exactly=

Kilborg
01-05-2003, 06:14 PM
I have shop manuals for vehicles I have never even owned. They're good learning tools for one. Even if the technology in the literature is so far obsolete you will never see the item, it makes for good bathroom reading if anything.

Dirtcrasher
01-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey I love this site, and if any advice I've given someone helps them I feel great knowing I helped them. I've been fixing my own stuff since I was real young and learned alot from my own mistakes. It took a few years for me to finally start reading up on things before I took out Mr. Hammer and it's saved my thousands! Besides it's fun to see what everything use to look like - without scratches, and bolts that actually come out!

als250
01-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Here Here!! Some good advice D.C. By the way, thanks for the heads-up on 200x shock for sx.(probably would have tried that next) Still waiting for 350x shock. Keep me informed on how blaster shock works out.

Al (home school mechanic- w/manuals ;) )