PDA

View Full Version : Theives Suck

TrikeKid
10-02-2004, 02:09 AM
a relative of mine had his truck stolen earlyier this week. The truck is a lifted 96 F350 4 door powerstroke with 39 inch swampers which renders it totally useless for anything other than pavement duty. The transfer case finally bit the dust and he managed to limp it to a 4x4 shop he left it over night and while it was there theives snatched it and left a brand new F350 dually running in the middle of the parking lot. the dually was attatched to a 28 foot enclosed trailer carrying an old sports car inside that was owned by another victim and has yet to be found. the truck was found tonight in need of body work and still needing the transfer case fixed they still dont know if the motor is any good because with the big tires and lift you know they took it out and thrashed on it. the details on it are still kinda fuzzy for us as the relative that owns it is the only one thats seen it one things for sure and thats that its not gona be a cheap fix.

atcmatt
10-02-2004, 03:00 AM
Doesnt the shop have to take some responsibility due to it being in their shop when it was stolen? Wasnt the vehicle insured? But you are right, theives do suck. Its amazing how someone can live with themselves like that....

Hope he gets all that crap sorted out mate.

Matt

TrikerR
10-02-2004, 03:59 AM
yea theives are the lowest forms of life...i mean they value trailprotrailpro property over their own conscienous. matt, i dont know about u but where i come from we have a reall bad problem "with the natives helping them selves" in my town...just to put it nicely.

atcmatt
10-02-2004, 04:09 AM
Nah Ned, none of that crap here in Sydney. Lmao, i love how ya put it! Those fellas are just no hopers, there were heaps of them out at Bourke when when we out there at the start of the year. They said to one of the blokes we went with, who had camo pants on. "ey boy' we dont need no soldier man in my town" mind you the kid who was my age, said this to a 40+ year old man.

I thought that was a classic. They love to help emsleves to things while riding in their old falcons and sniffing petrol bongs.

Matt

smokinwrench
10-02-2004, 08:02 AM
My car was broken into this week while it set at work. They just broke the side window out.

Some of the company vehicles got windows broke out also. A 2002 F250 got totally thrashed. They stole the entire dash assembly out of it guages and all.

I guess I have been lucky so far. I have been leaving my vehicles parked there for about 5 years and this is the first I have been messed with. Just a pain in the butt more then anything. Buy a window at a salvage yard for $75 then take an afternoon off without pay (I was on overtime) and clean my car and install the window. I spent about 2 hours just vacuuming glass.

Its probably a good thing the car only has a cassette player or they would have thrashed it.

TrikerR
10-02-2004, 11:05 AM
yea matt it *****, my town is 60% "natives" and the rest white fellas.

TrikeKid
10-02-2004, 11:30 AM
it wasnt acctually in the shop when it was stolen it was in their parking lot and since it was parked after hours none of the people at the shop knew it was there. the shop it self is lucky it wasnt broken into they have a few 2500 dollar ARB bumpers sitting out on display with big front windows and theres a whole rack of high end seats there too. yes the truck was insured you cant drive here without insurance its just a pain because it was his main vehical.

MTS
10-02-2004, 05:22 PM
man i know thives suck my dad has had 3 cars stolen this summer...one was our project 86' chevy camaro with a stock 305 and some other stuff...well good thing we didnt get vary far on it befor they stole it..the bagged the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro outa the motor+tranie+rear end and also broke the steertin colum and yata yata yara so we said screw it and sold it for what he paid for it..the other 2 was a cutlass siera and one other one i cant think of right now.,..lol

TrikeKid
10-02-2004, 07:23 PM
i got the story on whats wrong with it now it needs a new tranny and t case, interior work because they butchered the dash for the radio and then tryed to burn it with a flare that they lit in the cab but fizzeled out before the fire took off, they backed into something with the tailgate down so it needs a new tail gate, the tires and wheels are gone as well as the front bumper and winch.

MTS
10-03-2004, 04:06 PM
yea thats about what happend to our camaro more or less...it *****