PDA

View Full Version : Just got offered $2000 for Big Red...

Seabass
10-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I was outside today, washing down the my 85' 250 es. Some guy pulls up, get's out and introduces himself..."How much for this?", he asks...

"Sorry, not for sale", I reply.

"Well, what's it worth to you?", he asks.

"More than anyone is willing to pay...", I shoot back

"How about $2000?", he says...

I tried not to stutter and stammer and show my shock - but I think he noticed. I showed him the winch and told him about the cold start kit, and he was willing to go home and be back later tonight with the cash...I told him I would think about it and call him...
I don't know what to do...I'd be stupid not to sell it for that price...but this thing has sentimental value...I;m going back and forth, sell it or keep it...
I have to admit that was a wierd situation - came right back to the barn - could barely see it from the road...I/m thinking the local grass crop came off and some people need to get rid of some cash or something...
hmmmm....that'd be a nice downpayment on a sportsman 800...

trikerider2oo7
10-10-2004, 09:39 PM
i would get rid of it and get another one. lol you could get one for ~$800 and put that stuff back on there and still have money left over

Wickedfinger
10-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Sell it immediately if this is true.

CHAINSAW
10-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Id definatly sell it to.

twgranger
10-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Sell it!!!!!

TrikerR
10-10-2004, 11:11 PM
ask for $25oo

cliff2302
10-10-2004, 11:11 PM
What kind of sentimental value does it have? i'd sell it unless its really sentimental

rob0781
10-10-2004, 11:13 PM
yeah i'd probally unload it pretty quick for $2000..

skippy
10-10-2004, 11:17 PM
comes back to the ole saying.. money talks.. i usually have $500 spending money in my pcket,for toys only.., and a few other hundred in my work locker for impulse buys,, if you show some cash, you can usually pick up some deals.. i figure i can at least put down $1000.00 and seal a deal w someone.. and come back later to pick up if its good! you catch people in off moments,, and sometimes get some great finds!!

Pistonhead
10-10-2004, 11:32 PM
I dont sell stuff for some reason, I'm a pack rat, I just cant help it, I'd rather squirrel old stuff away than sell it, but thats just me, I'd go by your gut instinct.

vartiak15
10-11-2004, 12:01 AM
i say post a pick of it i want to see this thing.

hondaATCman
10-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Ok, here would be my situation if someone offered me $2000 for my 110:

My '82 ATC 110 was in very bad shape when I bought it ($35) I even had the push the thing home backwards because it was in gear with no lever and didn't want to strip the splines using vise grips. Anyways, this was my first ever ATV of any kind. Me and my dad tore the whole thing down and completely went through it, every nut and bolt was inspected. This was OUR project done TOGETHER. When we were done there was a newly restored piece of history sitting in my garage that ran perfect. Sometimes when I walk into the garage I have flashbacks of our project and all the fun days of working on it and remembering all the people's voices who said it was too far gone and was a waste of a good $35. This just means way too much to me to get rid of, personal value that money can't buy, and good old times that money also can't buy. I never could imagine that a peice of machinery could have this much emotion to it, but it does for me since my dad took the time with me to spend long hard hours putting this thing back together piece by piece and figuring out problems. This project also taught me all the basics about mechanics that eventually led to the purchase of my other toys and starting up my own little shop. In fact, it would be SO much easier for me to sell my brand new Yamaha Big Bear 4x4 quad than to sell this little "ancient" Honda 110 3-wheeler. Even if I did sell it the money would be eventually spent and I probably wouldn't even remember what I bought with it, and my little 110 and all the memories it had would gone from my garage and some drugie would me thrashing it and tearing it into a million pieces.

I'm just trying to say think hard before you get rid of something that has alot of personal value, the machine will be gone and all the money will eventually be spent.

OldSchoolin86
10-11-2004, 04:22 PM
I say take a ton of pictures, I mean every angle and stuff you don't even want. Then sell it and enjoy a good deal. Buy another one, make it nice and pocket the rest of the money. You'll get attached to your new one too.

hotroddal
10-11-2004, 09:50 PM
ide sell it if it was me

honda200boyatc
10-11-2004, 10:19 PM
id sell it if u can find another one

Meat-BoX
10-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Damn I would sell it and hook up with another if you like. I cant even get close to 2 grand for my Tecate and its %95 restored, with about $3,600 invested. Been tryin to sell it for a month now.

Seabass
10-12-2004, 08:27 AM
SOLD! ... He's coming by tonight with the cash and a pick-up. Still can't believe it...Haven't slept much these last few nights...It'll be hard to get rid of the ole' girl. Never seen a more reliable machine. I guess the guy just bought a 110 for his kid and needs something to go riding with him...He lives about 15 mins. from me. Chalk this one up as 'right place, right time'. I actually made money on this machine, which I've rode for years.
Now I have to replace this thing...My 250sx is back with my brother so I have nothing to ride...My neighbor just got an '04 Bombardier 400 for $8000 off the showroom floor...there are some sweet deals on '04's right now...
I might have to take the big plunge...
I guess this will be my last post here - no threewheelers, no sense. I've been trying to find a 350x to restore, but so far no luck. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to post some questions and pics on one of these machines.
Until then, take care and Good luck.

kryppy
10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
SOLD! ... He's coming by tonight with the cash and a pick-up. Still can't believe it...Haven't slept much these last few nights...It'll be hard to get rid of the ole' girl. Never seen a more reliable machine. I guess the guy just bought a 110 for his kid and needs something to go riding with him...He lives about 15 mins. from me. Chalk this one up as 'right place, right time'. I actually made money on this machine, which I've rode for years.
Now I have to replace this thing...My 250sx is back with my brother so I have nothing to ride...My neighbor just got an '04 Bombardier 400 for $8000 off the showroom floor...there are some sweet deals on '04's right now...
I might have to take the big plunge...
I guess this will be my last post here - no threewheelers, no sense. I've been trying to find a 350x to restore, but so far no luck. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to post some questions and pics on one of these machines.
Until then, take care and Good luck.

Wow, wow and wow. :)

I wish someone would offer me $1000 for my 200s...

smokinp
10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
if it was me,I would not sell it inless you have another trike lined up because as soon as you sell it you are going to miss it.lets say you find one(might not)and pay 800 for it,put like 600-800 into and that will be like 1500 or so and you really dont make that much money off the big red and plus you will have to rebuild another trike to get it worth the same as the one you sold.however if you want a polaris 800 then I would sell the trike and make a payment on it...just my .002

bigredhead
10-12-2004, 04:25 PM
what kind of shape was it in ?
if it was mint . i'd a kept it.

but is this 2000 can or us ? if us.. SOLD in a heartbeat.. even if mint. canadian.. well depends on the shape it was in !

bixxl
10-17-2004, 12:02 AM
[b]sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell,sell, sell,sell,

bixxl
10-17-2004, 12:13 AM
I bought a 200 big red from a neighbor who put new tires on it and took it up hunting like he had done every year since 1989 when he bought the three wheeler there was a problem and the big red came off the trailer he was towing and got draged (upside down) for a hundred yards or so . the handle bars were bent bad the electrict start wires were pulled lose the front and back rack were bent bad...etc the tires had zero miles on them and he wanted 50 bucks for what was left with no warranty!!! bought it fixed it up and when I got tired of no suspension sold it at a great profit. loved the bike like I love all my rides !! Its ok to keep but I would sell and buy something that was a great deal. Bixxl

bixxl
10-17-2004, 12:15 AM
You will love the 350x like you never loved your big red and your upgrade will be well worth while and you should have money left over!! bixxl

ATC crazy
10-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Sell it!!

With $2k, you could go buy a mint condition 200X, 350X, or R and still have a good $500-$600 left over for modifications

*EDIT*

I didnt see the second page where ya sold it.

Why does this have to be your last post here? I have been trikeless for a good 2½ years and I still visit this place. Its because I love 3-wheelers. If you love them too...you will stay :cool: