PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Nice 300EX/350X F/S near me in Pa.

Wickedfinger
10-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Nice quad with the popular 350X engine swap and a ton of goodies for sale about 2 hrs west of me for pretty cheap. From the pictures it looks like it had the engine conversion done right and they added 400EX A-Arms. http://www.paatving.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=14558 I don't usually post other peoples stuff from other websites but as a courtesy to my fellow members, and at $1600 obo, I would call this a great deal for someone.

OldSchoolin86
10-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Nice machine but they half-arsed the front end. I've done the front end swap before too and to do it right you want to raise the upper shock mounts. It's just pushed up too much right now. Your right 100% though, it's a good deal for the money.

Wickedfinger
10-13-2004, 11:26 PM
.... you really think it looks that jacked up?. I kinda like it like that.

trikerider2oo7
10-14-2004, 04:16 PM
i like the jacked up front end...looks nice

SpeedBump
10-14-2004, 07:38 PM
I don't think it looks too high. HERE (http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/compare.jpg) is a pic of it side by side with the new Honda 450R. Seems that they sit about the same. The guy selling this quad is mistaken about the front shocks. If they WERE 400EX shocks, it would be too stiff. These shocks must be from something else. I would say they came off a TRX250R. Close to the same size as a 400EX , but just a bit shorter and a little softer sprung. This quad is a VERY dependable machine. It doesn't look that great in these pictures because the guy is too lazy to wash it. ;) I thought about buying it, but I just got my new Tecate4 and the wife will GO NUTZ if I buy another quad. I think whoever decides to get ahold of this will be VERY happy with it. Lots of guys who have ridden THIS particular Honda all say one thing about it. They don't rave about the awesome power or the impressive looks or anything like that. What they DO say is this...."This is one of the most FUN quads to ride." It isn't the fastest, doesn't jump the highest, stop the best or do anything spectacular, it is just plain old fun as heII to ride. Now, you may be wondering how I know all this stuff.....well, I should know it....I built it and rode it for years. I do miss it and DID ask the wife if I could buy it back, but she said no. Maybe next year if he still has it. Knowing him...it will be gone.. :( Oh well, we'll see. Thanks Wicked for promoting his machine. It is well worth it, really. :cool:

BigGreenMachine
10-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey speedbump, nice job on that bike, best fourwheel conversion ive seen yet ;).

How about some pics of your new Tecate4, looks awsome in your sig.
Have you seen the white one on eBay right now? Pretty slick lookin in black and white.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42590&item=2494792028&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

OldSchoolin86
10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
.... you really think it looks that jacked up?. I kinda like it like that.
Yes.........