PDA

View Full Version : The luck doesn't end today....car accident

OldSchoolin86
10-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Well thank God my wife will be okay but now our service truck is totaled. It's a good thing I made our pump hoist removable. I just took it off too or that would have been tweeked from the accident too. Here is some picks:
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/truck-front.jpg
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/truck-side.jpg

The lady that hit her already got a ticket. Tha lady blew a red light and got my wife.

A truck is a truck and as sad as it is loosing it, I still have my wife and that's what matters. Not my pride and joy truck that I put a lot of money into and ran like an ox and pulled the 9000lb mini excavator great and , well I think you get the picture.

Pistonhead
10-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that man, you've had a bad day for things running into your cars.

YZ125
10-13-2004, 04:27 PM
That truck was a piece of crap anyway, glad you guys are ok bro!!!

83200e
10-13-2004, 05:16 PM
That truck was a piece of crap anyway, glad you guys are ok bro!!!
That truck looked like it was nice before it was wrecked.Some people don't appreciate the classics.

rob0781
10-13-2004, 05:56 PM
those old fords are tough as rocks,if that was a newer ford your wife would be wearing the engine..glad to hear she's ok at least it was the truck destroyed seems to have meant alot to you but i'm sure whatever truck you replace it with will grow on you...

OldSchoolin86
10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the words guys.
Don't sweat YZ125, he's one of my buddies just bustin my balls.
I need another truck by saturday so we can do a couple of installs. I've looked in 5 lots already and nothing is close to what that did for us yet and cheap. There is a nice 2000 chevy 3500 I drove but I really liked not having payments on my truck. Oh well, might have to just brake down and get another loan.

cliff2302
10-13-2004, 07:11 PM
that truck looked very, very solid. But, imm glad you have your prioritys straight. You can always find another truck, but you can't replace a human being.

TrikeKid
10-13-2004, 07:20 PM
we just had a fatal 3 car accident here because of a person running a stop sign. she came flying out into the road and smacked another car dead in the drivers side and then he spun over and totaled a pickup the guy in the second car was the one that died.

TRI-Zbrian
10-13-2004, 07:28 PM
i know how you feel man......i was on my way home from work about a month ago or so durring the summer.... well not one of my smarter moves i was trying to get home in a hurry and in my iroc-z that is very easy .....wel needless to say i hit a deer at 95 MPH in my camaro

the car is an 86 iroc-z with 65,000 miles on the whole car, 16 inch polished aluminum american racing rims, t tops, power, mirrors, hatch, door locks, windows, 4 wheel disk breaks, factory posi, and it "WAS" in mint condition now i need a new:

hood
nose
radiater
headlight bar (with headlights)
drivers side fender
TPI air box
radiater shroud

you guys should see the scratches fromt he seer on my windshield on the drivers side and in the t top ware the deer flew into the windshield but didnt coem through..... i thank the higher power every time i go look at my car when i see those scratches ware the deer could have came through the windshield and into my lap at 95 mph :(

any way so i have two projects right now to deal with.... the deer ended up pushing my radiater support all the way back to the ac pump but i have since then gotten it all straightend out and the car is ready for new parts.
ill have soem pics for you guys as soon as i find the disk with them on it

trikerider2oo7
10-13-2004, 07:54 PM
i dont want to make you mad but you kinda got what you deserved for going that fast. if your were goin the speed limit the deer would have already been gone. sorry if i offended you but ya know...

TRI-Zbrian
10-13-2004, 08:00 PM
oh no man you didnt affend me at all i know iw as stupid for goign that fast at night time... even goign that fast durring the day is dumb in most cases... it was one of those nights you know bad day at work and i was in a bad mood and i just wanted to get home but ended up f?ucking my camaro up all to hell and back :(

ATC crazy
10-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Once again....Sorry to hear about the truck OS86. Its easier to replace a truck than a wife though...

Wickedfinger
10-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey, look at it this way ..... she could have been in a Hyundai - that truck probably saved her from harm.

karnivore660r
10-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Damn women drivers! Women always seem to come between a man and his truck. :mad:

j/k ;)

Glad she is ok, sorry about the green monster.

BLAZERONE22
10-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Glad the wifes Okay, We used to have a pump rig like yours but it was black and red, and a big utility box. When I was a kid I did a paint job on it to make look like the A team van lol. It looked cool though. My dad used to be a well driller for years, I remember going to work with him listening to the old cable rig all friggin day, I did meet a bunch of neat people though. Good luck on the truck search.

OldSchoolin86
10-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys, and as said by everyone the important thing is wife is is okay. The hunt for the another truck isn't so good. It seems that companies hold on to heavy duty pick-ups to the death. I've found almost new ($$$) and almost dead trucks. Nothing in the middle yet. We will be cheching out a ton of places today. The search will work out, We,re just playing beat the clock. Smal thing in the big picture. Thanks again guys.

BLAZERONE22:
That's cool, you got to see cable tool drilling. It's an art that most drillers today wouldn't know what to do with but still works great. In one of the picks you can see our Smeal 3T pump hoist in the back ground. We made it removable so we had a good flatbed truck to use too. I'm glad we had it off.