PDA

View Full Version : hitting a deer in a camaro sux

TRI-Zbrian
10-16-2004, 09:27 PM
i was on my way home from work about a month ago or so durring the summer.... well not one of my smarter moves i was trying to get home in a hurry and in my iroc-z that is very easy .....wel needless to say i hit a deer at 95 MPH in my camaro

the car is an 86 iroc-z with 65,000 miles on the whole car, 16 inch polished aluminum american racing rims, t tops, power, mirrors, hatch, door locks, windows, 4 wheel disk breaks, factory posi, and it "WAS" in mint condition now i need a new:

hood
nose
radiater
headlight bar (with headlights)
drivers side fender
TPI air box
radiater shroud

you guys should see the scratches fromt he seer on my windshield on the drivers side and in the t top ware the deer flew into the windshield but didnt coem through..... i thank the higher power every time i go look at my car when i see those scratches ware the deer could have came through the windshield and into my lap at 95 mph

any way so i have two projects right now to deal with.... the deer ended up pushing my radiater support all the way back to the ac pump but i have since then gotten it all straightend out and the car is ready for new parts.
ill have soem pics for you guys as soon as i find the disk with them on it

along witht he rebuild i am goign to:

4 inch coul induction hood
92 z28 ground affects
92 z28 high rize spoiler
shaved door handles, locks, and antenns
18 inch C6 corvette rims
clear side markers
black limo tint
2 inch drop springs (sportlines)
engine :400 with tpi intake
tranny: T56 6 speed

also the car is going to be getting painted viper blue with white iroc-z door stickers and white iroc-z badges......

TRI-Zbrian
10-16-2004, 09:36 PM
this second pic is ware the deerflew over the drivers side roof parts of my car... it actualy flew into the windshield but didnt break the glass.... there are scrathes all up my windshield and accross my ttop and even on the back side of my car...... every time i look at the windshield and the t top it send shivers down my spine cause i know iw as that close to haveing a deer in my lap at 95 :rolleyes:

any way this was a lesson learnign experience for me ... because this is my favorite type of car and it used to be perfect no rust wize and low miles (65,000) now i have to replace a bunch of crap to make it perfect again.... i know it needed paint but dam before it used to be perfect :rolleyes:

any ways i am goignt o fix it all up and im also taking out the whole radiater support and having a new one welded in..... the one i have now is good and you would never notice ounce the new parts are on that anythign ever happend .... but when you lif the hood and look at it close you will be bale to tell and i want this car to be some what of a show ish car so i am goignt o go the extra mile and spend the money and have a new support welded in...

TRI-Zbrian
10-16-2004, 09:39 PM
this is a pic of how i was also thinking about getting my car painted that i like more and more every time i see it.... what do you gusy think this or viper blue...and remember it will be painted like this along witht he mods listed above like coul induction hood and all that....

so eather this or viper blue...

threewheelin-feelin
10-16-2004, 10:09 PM
damn dude that *****

TRI-Zbrian
10-16-2004, 10:20 PM
lol yeah it does..... i am goign to be getting the car fixed rather quickly because i am getting it ready for the long hall to california i will be making sooner or later this coming up year.

dont realy want to but i am prolly going to be putting on a temporary hitch to hall my tri-z with me .... lol i cant go to cali with out my tri z :TrikesOwn

ATC crazy
10-17-2004, 10:59 AM
That really sux man. I like the sound of Viper blue...but get the 2 silver or white racing stripes down the middle. That would really set it off.

Or what about the Viper yellow (Fly yellow?) with 2 navy blue stripes?

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Hitting the deer must have sucked! For paint, I'd think you should have those black flames (they're sweet) over a red base coat, than a clear coat. I think that would be sweet. Gotta keep the IROC-Z stickers though, they look cool, plus they show people that you mean business! Speaking of paint I've gotta paint my truck soon, any suggestions?

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 11:45 AM
i used to have another camaro that was black with white racing stripes before this one last summer..... i was thinking about doing racing stripes again like you guys sugjested.... here is a pic of my old black z28 camaro that i cloned to look like a 92 z28 with white racing stripes.

now this was a fast car when i had it last summer but cancer (rust ) was setting in and it wasnt goign to be worth it to keep the car so i got the onei have now.

well here is the pic of my old car..... the one i have now believe it or not it ten times better then this old one i had 2 summers back

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 11:46 AM
one more of the old camaro...

also for my present car i have now i do indeed plan on keeping the iroc-z door stickers.... but i am going to put new white ones on and change all the rest of the gold iroc-z badges to white ones aswell.... also im likng the idea of viper yellow also with racing stripes or viper blue with racing stripes... it going to be a hard choice and i was also thinking about the flames a little bit too..... :Bounce

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Nice camaro, I just love those cars! Right now my truck is a champagne gold color, I can live with it, but I'm going to paint it soon, the body is in good shape so I've got very little to worry about in the way of rust and damaging it from sandblasting. I'm currently thinking, black or forest green for it right now, I thought about making it camo, but I see so many trucks with bad camo jobs.

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 11:59 AM
ok guys...... i have found a pic of exactly how my car will look when imdone but i may be doing it eather a brighter blue then this or yellow.

what do you think guys ?

also i used to have a 4 inch coul induction hood and that got demolished by the deer when i hit it.... mine was a 4 inch these look more like 3 inch hoods im going to be going with a 4 inch coul induction hood.

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Looks good to me.

MTS
10-17-2004, 12:42 PM
i would go with a deep navy blue with ice perl glaze on top of that and have the I rock z badges painted on with white ice pearl...simple but slick looking..i would think.. :)...dam i wish my dad hadent sold his camaro he had a wile ago..but it needed too much work for him...bah..and he wouldnt give it to me LOL o well..ill get one next year when i get my license :D :twisted:

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey mytrike its awesome how the government made the insurance companies stop screwing us younger guys for insurance hey? Its only like 1600 a year now, instead of 3500+!

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 01:04 PM
i though about having the iroc-z stickers painted on bu ti think ill just use the stickers and have them clear coted over.....

as you guys can see i am a # one hater of rice burners..... i cant stand it when i see a suped up 4 cylinder... lol

i have this one friend that thinks 4 cylinders can be made to go faster then a v8... but i cant get through his head that if you were to takw the same amount of money that was put intot he 4 cylinder and then put it into the 8 cylinder like a 350 or a 400 or even a big block for that matter and you will alwase make more torque and horse power.....

right now the camaro is at my buddies place and we are installing:
sub frame connecters
tds strut tower brace
tds steering box brace
tds LCAs (lower control arms)
sport line 2 inch drop springs
new feul lines (mine looked a bit ratty)
flow tech headers,
no more catolic converter
flowmaster 80 series muffler

im still wating for the nose and hood to get here along with the headlight bar and new headlights :Bounce

for now being the engine only has 65 thousand miles on it i am going to keep it till it dies and just put bolt ons onit that i can use on the 400 i use later like headers, slp runners and base, 58mm throttle bodie and much more to come

the car is first on my list to get fixed up second comes the wheeler (tri z) right now i am just gatherign parts for the tri z build then later when the car is done i am going to start working on it.

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 01:14 PM
hey i didnt ask for you to chime in did i ?
and i remember a while back you and i went at it on the site.... dont start your crap again please. :rolleyes:

twgranger
10-17-2004, 01:16 PM
hey i didnt ask for you to chime in did i ?
and i remember a while back you and i went at it on the site.... dont start your crap again please. :rolleyes:That's why the kid was banned. :o

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 01:19 PM
exactly my point.... so please unless you have something useful to say other then im a dumb idiot for driving 95 mph on north country roads then please just keep your opinion to your self there bud..... i dont want what happend last time to happen again

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 01:25 PM
yes i was in some what of a pretty bad mood that night getting off work.... and just got done snapping about something.... i didnt forget about deer i just at the point didnt realy give a f#ck....... yes i know it was dumb of me to take my anger out on my car...

im just sayin man i know you and i had are differences before but i came back to this site with an open mind and have alwase treated you with respect so please do the same towards me.... being we both live near each other if anything we should be friends and go riding together sometime or something not bicker back and forth like 14 year olds....

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 01:34 PM
yeah man .... lol i was pretty pissed that night man... alot of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro was happening in my lifelast summer all at ounce that made me just snap that one night after having a bad day at work.... i guess i am thankful nothing worse happend.....

if you saw the 200 foot skidmarks i made youd see what i mean every one that has been to the place ware it happend have said i was lucky to be able to hold a car like mine going straight with out anti lock breaks going that fast... not to mention the hood was in the windshield so i couldnt see anything.... but it has def been a learning point in life for me and just like your self i now calm my self down before i get into a car becaus ei have alwas had a tendacy to just go drive when im pissed and that is not alwase a good mix as you can see...

wll im glad you and i have settled this now that we understand ware we were both coming from.

MTS
10-17-2004, 01:47 PM
yea its nice the goverment decided not to screw us over so much now piston LOL my friend has an 77' camaro..hes fixin up right now..its still 5900$ a year i think he said for him cuze hes a new driver and its a sports car O_o but i dont know how they classifi a 77' camaro with a 305 2bbl and a measly 140 horses a sports car lol for crap sakes my dads new 04' gand am has that much hp and its a 4 banger...also that remark about the v8 and the 4 bangers..i hate rice rockets...there so stupid..people dump so much money into them when you could have a nice older v8 350 mildly suped up and still knock the ricers plastic doors off :D

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 02:03 PM
5900$ your friend is paying way to uch.... through progressive i was quoted at $244 a month for my iroc-z wich is still pretty expencive and thats for bare minumum coverage.... whats that ruffly like 3000$ a year but its still not 5900 wow..... your friend should be able to insure his car as a classic i would think being its over 25 years old....
any way right now my car is titled to me but insured under my step dad because it is way to expensive for me right now.... with it under my dads insurence i only pay 180$ every 6 months :Bounce

rman
10-17-2004, 03:51 PM
stick with the blue and maybe a faded silver flame . we had a similar instance my wife bought a 97 camaro we had it about two weeks and she hit a deer about 1/16th of a mile from our driveway tore the front fender up bent the hood and scratched the rear spoiler where it had flipped over the car so we know how you feel we replaced our hood with the aftermarket fiberglass ss hood looks cool hers is black on black with chrome wheels good luck on your project tri-z and just be patient on your decision

later rman :Bounce

MTS
10-17-2004, 04:37 PM
yes but this is in canada and his own insurance...:) in canadian dollars :p hope fully it will go down..which i think it has sice he got that quote a wile ago...the car wont be on the road for a wile...where doing body work on it gota weld up a big ass rust hole behind the drivers door...fix the door hinges..needs a new winshiled...more body work on the rear quaters...it runs good thou...hes gona drive it withj the ol 305 in it till it bites the bullet then hes gona put a 350 or 454 hehe..but it is a good project for 250$ :p

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, they charge more for simple things like "sportscars" and my trucks a 4x4 so they'll charge me for that because they assume since its a 4x4 I'll be at waiparous every weekend or something, at least they finally cut it a little. Man I cant stand those rice rockets either, they assume having a melon cannon attatched to the back of their car and making it sound like a chainsaw makes it fast or something! Since when were lambrogini doors a performance part? They cost like 3 times the price of a fancy set of tri-y headers and all they do is make you look like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! Those guys are saying how their type-r stickers make them faster, talk to me when its an IROC sticker, I see guys dump thousands on civics then say they can beat my truck, and then they wet themselves when they find out my truck has a 350 smallblock! Really people, headlights that glow blue dont make you go fast!!!!

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 06:04 PM
If you hate ricer cars read this and have a good laugh:

http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html

TRI-Zbrian
10-18-2004, 10:55 PM
i found better pics of how i want to do my car..... the only thing that will be different on my car is... im goign to have white IROC-Z door stickers, a 4 inch coul induction hood and tail light black outs...

Pistonhead
10-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Cool, if its a Camaro, I almost always like it.