PDA

View Full Version : Is there an intrest in usergroups?

Billy Golightly
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
This forum has the ability to make usergroups, for various purposes. IE, the NY guys in a group, the TX guys in a group, the FLA guys in a group, Tecate owner group, 1st generation 250R owners group, ect. ect. You wont really get a new forum or anything, but you can search for members on the memberslist, and when you post, it will say "a member of ____ group". Would anyone be interested in this?

atctim
10-17-2004, 05:45 PM
This idea sounds cool to me. I'd like so see that happen - might be easier if grouped by location for setting up rides: IE "Hey Western PA group - riding this Saturday in Pine City"

Billy Golightly
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
I think it could be beneficial, however the groups have to have an apointed group leader, and then group can be configured where you can automaticly join if you chose to, or you have to wait for an acception. I believe it depends on what the group leader chooses.

Pistonhead
10-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Sounds good to me, we could have Chevy guys, Dodge brothers etc.

TexFest
10-17-2004, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't mind being in a group.

I think for us Texas guys the leader should be Jeb.

CHAINSAW
10-17-2004, 07:49 PM
I like the idea for who owns what. For instance a new guy walks in with an 87 Tecate.. he can search and see who else owns what. I think that will keep a lot of the "Ive heard that" and "a friend of mine says" out of the forums, and keeps people from following bad advice.

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah you could have the bloods and the crips yada yada yada.... just jk but yeah that sounds like a good idea

BigGreenMachine
10-17-2004, 09:23 PM
One more vote for the "who owns what" as opposed to the "who lives where." Mainly because there are alot more Tecate owners then there are Atlantic Canadians on the board although it would be interesting to see just who is close to me so I'm not opposed to the idea either.

CHAINSAW
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Locations are also posted on every post you write. If someone knew the machines you own, or have owned I would like that.

TrikerR
10-18-2004, 05:45 AM
sounds good...could we have a Aussie group

Billy Golightly
10-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Well the group could be whatever the group originator wanted to be (within reason). We would have to try and stay away from duplicate groups for simplicity.

Chain, in your profile there is a "Trikes Owned" field, but it doesn't get filled out a whole lot.

I dont want this to become a popularity thing, or see people spamming all the time (Join my group!).

An upside, like you guys said is that a person can have a nice index of people who have the same machine as him to contact. The only problem with this is instead of them posting on the forum, they email the person. I guess this isn't a really bad thing, but it will cut down on board traffic and wont make things as active.

OldSchoolin86
10-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I like the idea of finding people in my area. I'll gladly lead a wisconsin group.

trikerider2oo7
10-18-2004, 04:31 PM
yeah you could have the bloods and the crips yada yada yada.... just jk but yeah that sounds like a good idea
i wanna be a crip lol. ever seen that episode of southpark? "llets go pppop some pppunk ass bbloods"

good idea billy. i think we should have groups