PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Transporting 250R in OH!

BigRedRunner
10-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Don't shoot me if this is in the wrong forum. I guess I'm offering to buy a service from any of the members here. I got a heck of a deal on an '85 250r on e-bay a while back. The only trouble is that it's in Youngstown, Ohio and I'm in Sioux City, IA and my plans for getting it home fell through. So I'm looking for ANYONE who can help me out and will pay you for your time. I'll settle for anything I can get. I'm looking for some one to take it to forward air in Cleveland, meet me halfway, drop it off at a relative's in Davenport (far eastern IA), or the ultimate, take it all the way over to western IA. The guy I bought it from has been more than patient and would be willing to drop it off at truck stop in Youngstown for all you truck drivers out there. I need to get this thing home because I've made this gentleman wait for too long.

jeswinehart
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
well if all else fails i have a number of a company i have had very good results with shipping trikes + other large items. another board member actually found them in my area but i would think they might be all over ( or direct you to some company of the same nature )

packship usa 574-534-5155

they do the crating + best (cheapest ) way to get whatever to where ever.

john

TimSr
10-17-2004, 10:10 PM
I might be able to help, but it might be expensive hauling in one direction with gas prices as they are. Im 1.5 hours west of youngstown. No crating necessary for van transport.

From Youngstown to:

Sioux City 915 miles - $869.00
Davenport 524 miles - $524.00
Chicago 400 miles - $380.00

I dont know if Fwd Air requires that you crate it, and Im not equipped to crate it, but but I could haul it to Cleveland for $105.00 uncrated. If your seller were to crate it, I would probably need to use the trailer in which case it would be $130.00.

Im going to Pa./NJ border tomorrow to pick up a car for somebody, so I wont be back on the board til Tuesday. Leadboot@neo.rr.com

Howdy
10-18-2004, 09:03 AM
If the trike was close to me I could probably get it shipped to you ( might need partially re-assembled though ). The bad part is I am 3 1/2 4 hours west of TimSr.
Howdy