PDA

View Full Version : Ebay snipein..help

MTS
10-17-2004, 06:30 PM
well..theres this item i want on ebay really bad..and i wana make sure im the one to get it..lol iv herd of snipein programs or something..could some one pm me in the right direction where to find a good one? :D

Billy Golightly
10-17-2004, 07:25 PM
www.ensipe.com is what I and a few other members here use. After the first 2 weeks though, it costs.

CHAINSAW
10-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Just put in your max bid the first time. I still dont know why people waste money on snipers.. All you have to do is put in what you are prepared to pay the FIRST time. If you get outbid, oh well, you would of lost even with a snipe on it.

smokinwrench
10-17-2004, 08:03 PM
I use www.auctionsniper.com your first 3 successful snipes are free.

NICKG
10-17-2004, 08:32 PM
www.auctionstealer.com. it has a free function.i use the pay version and have never lost an auction unless it is higher than i was gonna pay.

MO350X
10-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Just put in your max bid the first time. I still dont know why people waste money on snipers.. All you have to do is put in what you are prepared to pay the FIRST time. If you get outbid, oh well, you would of lost even with a snipe on it.

No offense but if you put in your max early, you're GUARANTEED someone else is going to outbid you just to "stay on top".
Whereas, using a snipe and/or bidding at the last minute (only smart way folks) will NOT unnecessarily bid-up the sale price.
Bidding early is basically "shooting yourself in the foot".
Unless you're hell bent on paying too much for something! :rolleyes:

Know what I mean?
Why pay too much when it's avoidable? ;)

My 2 cents from years of experience on Ebay.

mywifeknowseverything
10-18-2004, 08:52 AM
I think what Chainsaw was trying to say was when you do decide to bid, be it the last 10 min or the last 2 min., was to bid the max you are wanting to spend....I agree to that :beer :beer

Howdy
10-18-2004, 08:53 AM
No offense but if you put in your max early, you're GUARANTEED someone else is going to outbid you just to "stay on top".
Whereas, using a snipe and/or bidding at the last minute (only smart way folks) will NOT unnecessarily bid-up the sale price.
Bidding early is basically "shooting yourself in the foot".
Unless you're hell bent on paying too much for something! :rolleyes:

Know what I mean?
Why pay too much when it's avoidable? ;)

My 2 cents from years of experience on Ebay.

I agree 100% with MO350X here.
I have seen where a user ( #1 ) put in his max bid on the first day. Another user ( #2 ) bid 4-5 times and was always out bid ( automatically via a proxy bid ). #2 then bid a crazy amount for the item with 4 days left. He ( #2 ) found bidder #1's max bid and then cancelled all his bids. Then in the last 15 seconds he ( #2 ) bid $0.02 more than #1 had bid and won the auction. This user ( #1 ) could have won the auction if he would have put in the max he would give via a snipe bid in the final 2-15 seconds. He probably would have gotten it a lot cheaper too. I now this for a fact because I was the seller.
Howdy