PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

ATCRYDER
10-01-2002, 07:18 AM
200xRyder here...kinda glad we got the new board so i can change my name!!

Looks really cool!!....Are we gonna get our old post counts back :rolleyes:

Rob

ATCRYDER
10-01-2002, 07:23 AM
also: are the old topics going to be abel to get moved?

Rob

Billy Golightly
10-01-2002, 09:10 AM
I was originally planning on importing the old posts with the converted I have that brough the names over...but that didn't turn out quite as well. i guess the old board will become an Archive of the sorts.

ATCRYDER
10-01-2002, 01:27 PM
You guys control post counts now dont you?

One tip: I belive you guys have an option where after we post, itll go directly back to the message....whereas now: it lets u click to see what we said...Gonna change that or do you guys prefer it the other way?

Rob

TimSr
10-01-2002, 02:29 PM
I love the new format too!

Personsally, though, as far as post counts go, I wish this number could be eliminated from view completely. I think doing this would discourage a lot of useless nonsense postings by people who view this count as some kind of measure of personal achievement.

Billy Golightly
10-01-2002, 02:40 PM
Post counts will not be brought over. I could do it but I would have to go into the my mysql database and change each one manually, which I'm not going to do :P

I hope the new board/web host will be able to hold up after everyone gets over here and things start really cooking. If it doesn't we'll be in for some mucho problemo's

Howdy
10-01-2002, 03:15 PM
I love the new format too!

Personsally, though, as far as post counts go, I wish this number could be eliminated from view completely. I think doing this would discourage a lot of useless nonsense postings by people who view this count as some kind of measure of personal achievement.

<b>Tim Sr,</b>
You don't have to worry. If someone gets out of hand posting useless nonsense for post counts we have the option to wipe all the post counts for that person right off. And we will do so if a person gets out of hand.

<b>Everyone:</b> Flooding the board with usless replies continuously to build your post count up can and will lead to your post count being reset. Trying to be #1 in post counts by useless postings will get you faster to "0" than just going with the flow.

RichinMO
10-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Thats what I'm talking about...Howdy, HE IS THE LAW! (drokk it, he he he)

w66dyamaha225
10-03-2002, 12:09 AM
Like the new format, of course only saw the old for a couple of days before change. I misspelled my name the 1st time so it is now what i originally wanted. 8)