PDA

View Full Version : The one wheeled wheelie?

YAMAHA_Jim
10-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Has anyone ever done a controlled one wheeled wheelie on a 3 or 4 wheeler? I know its easy to bicycle a trike or quad and then hit the gas and bring it up on one wheel for a second or two. To me thats not an official one wheeled wheelie. I want to see someone ride on one wheel for 30 or 40 feet or more.When ever I try it,the atv wants to pull itself back down on the rear wheels,,or I try to hard and tip over sideways. I'm not sure but I think if you got into a one wheel wheelie,,you'd have to ride it in circles and have to do a major balancing act to fight the weight and torque of the motor. Anybody have any knowledge to add to this?

---Backflips are boring dammit,I wanna see 1 wheeled wheelies :beer :beer

YTZ250#1
10-20-2004, 11:58 PM
All I have to say is that if anyone can do it you be the man.GET ER DONE!

If that is your wife on your trike ,Why do you ever leave the house?

KASEY
10-21-2004, 12:45 AM
been there!!! done it ,,, did several without a single get off :D :D :D
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=72925

NOS_350X
10-21-2004, 01:06 AM
I rember a post like a year ago about this. Kasey (i think) had several pics of him doing them. I went out on my track and did one and said f**** that i'm guna get hurt. Ill leave that up to him ill stick to freestyle mx.

AirManCam
10-21-2004, 07:37 PM
All I have to say is that if anyone can do it you be the man.GET ER DONE!

If that is your wife on your trike ,Why do you ever leave the house?
LMAO!! Jim+wife=NEVER HAPPEN.
I can do them on my 350x for about 15-20 feet. :beer

Kilborg
10-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Iv pulled off a few...its pretty hard to get the technique down pat. Seems a little hit or miss and especially in the pits I ride in (kinda rocky) you tend to do it for 50 foot or so and either save it or biff it. Whatever...good times...

OldSchoolin86
10-22-2004, 11:29 AM
There pretty easy if you can ride on the side good. You just can't go to far with them. I'll have a clinic for them at TF 06 for you guys, lol.

hotroddal
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM
my friend does 1 wheeled whelies but only for like 3 feet, he pops a wheelie and jerks it onto 1 wheel

BigGreenMachine
10-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I don't imagine it would be impossible to ride it for a distance. Bicycle it then gas it to get er up...I need my CDI so I can go try this stuff...

Billy Golightly
10-22-2004, 03:56 PM
I tried it a little this afternoon and whenever I get on the throttle the back wheels just spin and then its slides back down to both on the ground. I think this is a trick that would be easier on a trike. I'll get my 200x out some and experiment more :)

trikerider2oo7
10-22-2004, 04:09 PM
i tried it before...its not easy but its possible

AirManCam
10-22-2004, 04:31 PM
I have found it is easiest if you are going faster,because you are covering more ground. But that also means, if you go over...its gonna hurt more :-p

dogger
10-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I've done them by accident but never on purpose. when ever I get on one wheel I normaly ust hold the throttle steady though and hope it come's down safe.would be fun to learn

Howdy
10-24-2004, 03:05 AM
I've done them by accident but never on purpose. when ever I get on one wheel I normaly ust hold the throttle steady though and hope it come's down safe.would be fun to learn

The last time I did one ( accidently ) I let off the throttle and cushioned the trike so it didn't hit the ground ( when it rolled ). I didn't ride much for 2 weeks until the pain quit. lol
Howdy

CHAINSAW
10-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I know its easy to bicycle a trike or quad and then hit the gas and bring it up on one wheel for a second or two. To me thats not an official one wheeled wheelie.

Look at Kaseys pic. Bicycling isnt the way to do it. Looks like he did donuts, got his speed up, then pulled out of it on one wheel. Good balance you might be able to hold it for a while.