PDA

View Full Version : Fenders and pipes

Rocketman250r
10-10-2002, 09:42 AM
I just got a set of the new Maier shiny front fenders for my 86 250r TRX.
Problem is the bike has a old DG exhaust pipe on it and the right side fender hits it. I don't want to cut these fenders as I have an old set that is race cut. Want these to be full coverage fenders. Any one know what aftermarket performace pipes will work with uncut fenders?

ATCRYDER
10-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Its a very simple fix, The manufacturers even do this today I belive.

Get some heat resistant tape and put 2 or 3 pieces where the pipe hits/touches the fender.

thatll solve it.

Rob

sandtowd
10-11-2002, 08:59 PM
hes right; heat wrap any hod rod shop will have it. we use it,and hold it on with wire ties

TimSr
10-11-2002, 10:07 PM
On my 86TRX250R both my Paul turner midrange and my ESRTRX6 Pipes hit the fender, and only the stock pipe didnt. Most of the aftermarket pipes are longer and rerouted through the frame for more bottom and midrange, so your likey to always have this problem other than with a shorter top end pipe. I made a slightly longer right fender bracket to raise the fender a little bit, and then cut about 1" off the lower inside corner. It looks good and works.

Rocketman250r
10-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Thanks TimSr for the info. I am going to eventually replace the old DG pipe that is on there. It has some stress cracks in it where the spring hangers are welded to it. So I don't want to cut these new fenders up to fit a pipe that I am going to replace eventually any way. I have been looking at the ESR and the LRD pipes. How do you like your ESR?