PDA

View Full Version : SCRAMBLER hop up stuff

chuck
10-25-2004, 11:18 AM
I have a 2001 polris scrambler 50 for my son. So rather than getting another quad for the money i dont have I want to put some kind of big bore kit and other stuff i can do. Does anybody know where i can go to get this stuff online? I looked at dennis keik but didnt find anything.
chuck

TimSr
10-25-2004, 11:38 AM
http://www.hetrickracing.com/ has super service, and knowledgeable people. Dont let the female voice that answers the phone fool you. She knows her stuff.

You will find that a new pipe, which comes with lighter clutch rollers, will do a lot more for you than the big bore kit. The Taiwan minis also have a "breathing problem" with is easily solved by a clamp on air filter. If a clamp on is not practical because of your riding conditions, you can add a couple additional snorkels to the airbox using heater hose and weatherstrip adhesive. Unless your son is an experienced rider, Id hold off on the big bore, until he becomes accustomed to the gains from the pipe and airbox mods. If he is ready for more than that, they have 68-76cc big bore kits available. If he will be racing, you need to check the rules of the race organization he will be running in before doing any mods.

There is also a new outfit on Ebay, Lake Motorsports, user name kimgil, that also offers performance parts for Taiwan minis. Ive never used them, but they appear to be professional with very good feedback.

chuck
10-25-2004, 01:29 PM
thanks for the info.
a clamp on filter wouldnt be i dont think. we hit a lot of mud and water and as it is when he hits to much water it dies and we have to work the water out. i know where the snorkel is what do you think i ought to do with that set up for performance? remove the filter?
also the big bore kit is not for racing but just that he is getting a little bigger and needs more power for now.
it really seems to need more power. :beer